1925 Studebaker??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1925 Studebaker??

I thought it was a 1924 Studebaker EL Special Six, but Richard Quinn responded below that it is a 1925 Standard Six model ER Duplex Phaeton. It needs a new battery and tires and some very minor engine work but is in very good condition, parade quality. I am trying to sell it but I can't find any cars to compare it to so that I can put a price on it. Any Help? Any offers?

Body#: 4984
    Engine#: 123097-1 D.9.23

See photos
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

jon

The car is not a 1924 Special Six but a 1925 Standard Six. Technically a 1925 Standard Six model ER Duplex Phaeton. The numbers you have provided are engine casting numbers. The actual engine number is [u]stamped into</u> the block and would have an ER prefix. The date code indicates that the engine block was cast on September 23, 1924 so the car was likely assembled in October 1924.

Richard Quinn
    editor: Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thank you for responding. This is more information than anyone has given me in ten years. Any idea what it is worth?

quote:Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel

The car is not a 1924 Special Six but a 1925 Standard Six. Technically a 1925 Standard Six model ER Duplex Phaeton. The numbers you have provided are engine casting numbers. The actual engine number is [u]stamped into</u> the block and would have an ER prefix. The date code indicates that the engine block was cast on September 23, 1924 so the car was likely assembled in October 1924.

Richard Quinn
      jon

Comment

As with any antique or collectible, it is worth what a willing buyer will pay a willing seller. This particular model does not fit in a "high demand" category. Maybe $3000 to $5000 range but that is really a ball park since it is impossible to set a price on something that you cannot personally inspect and drive.

Richard Quinn
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Yes this is true...Its worth what someone will pay for it but i would go out on a limb to say its worth much more that 5k as long as its in good shape and running well!!! (Thats just my oppinion thou.

Comment

Good looking car! What kind of engine work does it need?Steve
            sigpic

Comment

did you come up with a price? or has it been sold ? nice looking car. thanks

Comment

Great colors

Comment

Working...
                X