Cheap car cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap car cover

Jeff Bradle insisted I buy a cheap car cover for the International. I found a Bondtech at Pep boys for $29.95.It's a nice fabric cover and the size E is almost a custom fit. A size D would be better for a Lark, but the dimensions are on the box.

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

John, is that a stronger, cotton-type soft cover, or a weather resistant lighter fabric? I paid about $69 for mine that was supposed to be a custom Lark fit and weather resistant, but really is about the consistency of a Bounty paper towel and rips way too easily.

Comment

This not the soft cotton, but the weather resistant style.

JDP/Maryland
      "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
      Thomas Jefferson
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks. Probably the same material as mine. Sharp edges on convertible vent window frames, etc are tough on the version I bought.

Comment

Dave, I've had a few for race cars, and my Lincolns. My preferred solution was to go with the tougher weather- and water-resistant cover. I lay a couple bedsheets over the car and follow with the cover. Of course my Lincoln lives in the garage, but the race car covers had to survive highway speeds before we went with the enclosed trailer.

We used to display our race cars at a local racing show in March. Sometimes we still have snow in March, or the roads are sloppy; so before the enclosed trailer we did the sheets, fitted cover, plastic tarp, and finally a heavy canvas tarp. A PITA, but it kept the salt and crap off the car

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Wow, triple! I use a couple moving blankets and sheets too. Much more careful after I ripped it. I good $400 version is the answer, but I rather save that for chroming my rear belt mouldings.

Comment

Here's the cover I bought

JDP/Maryland
              Thomas Jefferson
              JDP Maryland

Comment

Size D..got it. You just can't find a "Studebaker" application on that guide these days.

Comment

Working...
                X