PDA

View Full Version : I got to take my car to its first studebaker meet!

64 Stude
09-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Well I got my car all cleaned up after pulling a all nighter to get it clean enough for the meet and took it out! I had a great time with my car and meet alot of great people. My car was in division 9 and i was able to get a score of 395 pts. Unfortnatly my left front blinker picked a wounderfull time to lose its ground and stop working to i lost 2 pts for it not working. Mine was the 64 lark with the 66 front end that was black with silver stripes.

JDP
09-21-2008, 01:06 PM
A stunning car, and well worth every one of those points. On the good side, you know you can have a 397 point car with a screwdriver.:)

JDP/Maryland
"I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
Thomas Jefferson

bige
09-21-2008, 08:36 PM
I went back to look at your car 4 times. Very tastefully done and the quality of your work is outstanding.

ErnieR

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r241/AvantiR2/track.jpg

4961Studebaker
09-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Glad you had fun, isn't that what its all about? You, and your car have been talked about quite highly, its refreshing to see and hear about new talent in the club. I would be curious to hear about how you came to owning a Studebaker in the first place, guy's your age tend to drift to cameros and mustangs. Hats off to you for going against the grain. Hope you attend more shows in the future.

ChopStu
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q14/kkad0711/IMG_5406-1.jpg

64 Stude
09-22-2008, 10:11 PM
lol Thanks, well i had went to the york swap meet in 06? i belive and on a bullitin board i saw a pic of a 66 for sale and after studying the picture over closly and reading it i had alot of interest in it, however i wasnt in the posision to buy a car since i had just started a second education. After the swap meet was over i went home and tryed to find out as much about them as possible and then a few months later i began my search for one. It took alittle bit to find a 2dr sedan that wasnt in horible shape and still in my price range but i finnaly came across this car and everything worked out well. Bringing this car back to life tought me alot, i learning how to make patches that duplicated the curves and ribs that the floor once had and welding techniques and i got to learn how to do body and paint work alot more indepth. Iv had alot of fun most of the time building it, and i have lots of fun preying on other unexpecting cars. lol