PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I get exited too easy...

tutone63
09-19-2008, 06:07 PM
I am very dissapointed that I could not make the national meet this year...I am definetly shooting for next year, however. Anyway, in commemoration, I pulled my Lark out today...first time in two weeks...very sad. (Been too busy and weather has not been co-oporative on the weekends out here) Anyway, I have owned this Lark for about two and a half years now, and have never seen another Studebaker at all in the city that I live in during that time...other than at the annual local Studebaker Club auto show. Well, I was leaving work today and lo and behold I saw a familiar face coming at me. Sure enough, it was a 1960...or maybe 59 Lark! Add to that, one that I do not remember seeing at the local shows and during the week of the national meet. I thought that maybe he might be headed that way, but from where we are he would have to pull out non stop driving to get there by sunday...I think. Anyway, my first non-show studebaker sighting in two years and I was driving mine to boot. We saw each other and smiled from ear to ear and waved...I would have liked to stop and say hi to the guy, but I was in a hurry to get home and changed for a shin-dig we have going on tonight. Anyway...that made my weekend! Again...Maybe I get exited too easy. Sorry for the long story and anti-climactic ending. I just had to share with someone other than my wife.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh54/tutone63/63larkside-1.jpg
1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint. Driven often, always noticed. Man I love this car!!

Roscomacaw
09-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Cool deal! It's always a treat to see a Stude in traffic.;) Doubly so if you happen to be in YOUR Stude at the time.

Let's hope you get exCited[:p] too easy and not exited. We don't want you to exit the forum too easily![:I]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President two door

Steve T
09-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Yep, cool...that's just the sort of encounter that always makes me post too. And, what with not being at Lancaster/being at work this particular week...even experiencing it vicariously gives me a lift I sorely needed at the moment! Thanks much for the post.

Steve T