PDA

View Full Version : Happened AGAIN

bondobilly
09-18-2008, 05:20 PM
I never got to see the cars, just like South Bend. Next year, I am going to shut down for three to four hours on the day all the cars are in position. I sent Ellen out on a photo mission and she came back wth about 200 photos, but they were just "snapashoots".

Maybe after we tear everything down Friday, and make sure all the shipping tags are on, we will go out and see what is left.

I don't know the guy's name but he had a 40 business coupe that was magnificent and we made shirts for him to give out to his friends. I really want to see that car.

Deaf Mute
09-18-2008, 07:39 PM
I for one think you deserve a break! If other shops close from time to time, I think the SDC store should be able to do the same. Why don't you shut down from 9 to Noon on Thursdays so you can get away from that computer and enjoy the cars? If anyone complains... they don't have "the big picture"!

duane miller

TX Rebel
09-20-2008, 08:29 PM
I made the mistake of shutting down for the Lancaster tour on Tues, and I probably missed the best day for vending, and the tour was not really worth the price we paid & the lost sales.

Barry'd in Studes

41 Frank
09-27-2008, 06:24 PM
We usually shut down our Howards Parts vendor booth on Thursday mornings as we did this time and viewed the cars and reopened at around noon. Usually not much business anyway. Oddly enough we were still selling stuff as we were packing up on Friday afternoon.

Frank van Doorn
1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
1963 Daytona Conv
1941 Champion R-2 Rod