PDA

View Full Version : Video from Lancaster

bams50
09-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Episode 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce0sD2osn38

A couple notes:

This still has jittery segments. Still haven't mastered moving with a camera this small:( You have been warned!

YouTube will be down for maintenance starting at 6pm PDT. See it now, or after.

More to follow- more swap meet, and some auction coverage. Concours tomorrow. What do you want me to film??

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

mbstude
09-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the video Bob, saw lots of faces and cars that I know well. :) Wish I could be there!!

Does your camera not have the sound feature? I'd much rather hear all the excitement, and of course, the exhaust note of Studebakers. ;)

Matthew Burnette
Hazlehurst, GA

Chucks Stude
09-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Ah, to be there.... but your video is doing much to minimize my missing the National, and the fact that I still don't have electricity at home. Ike really screwed up things.

bams50
09-17-2008, 08:33 PM
I don't know, Dave, I'll look tomorrow. There's usually 1or 2 on eBay. You want me to pick one up for you?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

DEEPNHOCK
09-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Try getting one of those telescoping monopod camera stands.
They help steady you when you stretch it out, but they also help smooth out the camera with their weight hanging straight down under the camera when you are walking around...
$20 or so on Amazon.com
Jeff[8D]

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21MP7YXCFZL._SS500_.jpg

bams50
09-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Good tip- thanks.

Although it's too late to help this Meet[xx(]

Parish, central NY 13131

bams50
09-18-2008, 04:01 AM
Episode 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pcub7ZmMe8&feature=user

More swap meet. Stopped and talked with Ed Reynolds, but the camera mostly was on his shoulder[:I] It's a little tricky to talk with someone while filming; you'd have to keepyour eye on that 1" screen pretty closely, which seems rude to me; so the centering is not great. I'll try to make that better with subsequent tries. The video ends with a stop at Dave Thibeault's table. He was busy with a customer, so I didn't get to say hello.

These first two videos have inane music in the background; there's a tiny box you have to uncheck if you DON'T want music[}:)] Now I know.

Am working on episode 3; mostly auction footage. We sat with Wolfie and Shewolf (Steve and Tracy). Some more great Stude people, and some new friends!

Footage of the Concours will follow.

Parish, central NY 13131

bams50
09-18-2008, 04:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by Studedude

quote:You want me to pick one up for you?
If you find one at the meet, I'd appreciate it.

I'll keep an eye open, Dave.

Parish, central NY 13131

bams50
09-18-2008, 04:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Does your camera not have the sound feature? I'd much rather hear all the excitement, and of course, the exhaust note of Studebakers. ;)

Yes, it does have sound. But in the first two videos there was music added inadvertently:( If you listen closely you'll hear the audio as well. The next ones won't have the music

Parish, central NY 13131

[b]"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

bams50
09-18-2008, 05:27 AM
Episode 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz8zajwRo2c

Starts with Jim Lawrence's table. He was closing the sale of the Hawk seats on the table, but you get a look at some of his work- all first rate, and very reasonable! The rest is the auction; gives you a taste of what it's about. Includes the quilt auction.

Parish, central NY 13131

jeryst
09-18-2008, 10:11 AM
How about the outside portion, expecially parts cars and project cars. Thanks.

GTtim
09-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Thanks a lot for the video, Bob. I'm waiting for the one with the concours. Hope you are having fun.

Tim K.
'64 R2 GT Hawk

bams50
09-19-2008, 03:37 AM
Episode 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lgU7tzEPtQ

This one's a look at the outdoor swap area. Starts with Tom Karkiewicz, then moves to Bob Peterson from CA, Max Corkins, and Ian MacKellar from Australia. Gives a look at some of the cars in the fairly small area.

Also got to briefly meet Ted Harbit- but again, didn't keep the camera up on his face... hard to do and not be rude

Parish, central NY 13131

[b]"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

bams50
09-19-2008, 04:35 AM
Concours Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkDBHgdnkjM

Starts with Hawks and C/Ks... got to say hello to Tom Bredehoft and Bob Johnstone. We get a quick look at JDP's GT (limited by crowd).

Parish, central NY 13131

bams50
09-19-2008, 05:32 AM
Concours Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huCwJz1eO3s

First segment is a repeat[}:)] Takes too long to repair and reload, so[V] Shows the Pre-War stuff, including the incredible 38 4dr. covertibles[:p]

Parish, central NY 13131

bams50
09-19-2008, 06:18 AM
Concours Part 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLmqObCMH8I

Features my favorite, the Larks[:X] Starts with a look at the judges doing their thing (I was trying not to be a PITA[:I]).

Parish, central NY 13131

bams50
09-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Concours Part 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_czuYHjGiQ

Te rest of the Larks, plus what 56-58s there were. Ends with me following a 64 listening to the exhaust[8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

bams50
09-19-2008, 08:39 AM
...and the final segment, Concours Part 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3IsbGNS1v0

This is the truck segment. Had a nice visit with George Orphanidys in front of his two beautiful 4x4s. Turned out to be where I met up with several forum members.

The camera got a decent look into the cabover, since I couldn't see in and didn't want to open the door.

Total length of video I shot was almost exactly one hour. That's the capacity of this cheapo camera; so I ran out of room to hit the Avanti area, and I'm sorry for that. The only way to make room in the drive is to delete video, which I couldn't do until I was sure the first videos were uploaded. But I'm sure others have plenty of stills of Avantis.

I did eventually get the hang of it a little more. I'll continue messing with it and looking to improve in future videos. Looks like next time will be Reedsville.

Hope you enjoy the video. See you in Reedsville!

Parish, central NY 13131

Chucks Stude
09-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Really great video. Gives one a feeling of being there. Thank You. Did anyone happen to see a right rear window regulator for a GT Hawk up there? They seem to be a little hard to find.

studegary
09-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the videos, Bob A. Even though we are at the convention, Cathy and I enjoyed watching your videos.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

bams50
09-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Just wanted to bump this for those who didn't see the videos but wanted to.

Parish, central NY 13131