• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <SIGH>... Another misinformed seller

In the description for this Wagonaire:

"AMC used the chevy engines towards their last years in business."

That's one thing- but then they add this:

"We have been in business for more than 50 years so you can bid with confidence."

Don't know whether to say &lt;&lt;SIGH&gt;&gt; or &lt;&lt;ARRGH!&gt;&gt; Guess I'll just go with a derisive chuckle

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

And ya know what's really funny about it??? This guy's IN Kenosha, WI - where AMC lived and died. DUH........

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well Jeep did use Buick engines......[)]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Actually.....The AMC Eagle DID utilize a GM-built 2.5L 4 cylinder engine, back in the very early eighties that was also found in certain Chevrolets... Prior to that, some of your Jeep wagoneers used Turbohydramatic transmissions.

Comment

Looks like a nice car. The upholstry and headliner appears to be in great shape. However, they mention that it has rust issues. We'll see what it goes for. Wish it was closer. I'd bid on it. Then again... mayyyybe it's better that the thing is in Wisconsin.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Looks to me like the floors are completely gone and have sheet metal laid over them. Frame looks sorta crunchy too.

As far as the AMC reference, everybody knows those 64-66 Studebakers were made by Rammer!

Mark Anderson
            Member SDC and FMCA
            Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Comment

torker, izzat the engine referred to as The Iron Duke? Seems I heard someone call it that at one time. I pretty much lose interest in anything AMC after '68.[|)]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Wasn't the "Iron Duke" was designed for the very first Chevy II's, with intake and exhaust on the same side. Sometime later GM gave it a crossflow head. I think it was still in use on late '70's early
                '80's Pontiac Sunbirds and the like.

Comment

One nice thing about a '65 Daytona Wagonaire, as opposed to a '64, is that the '65 Daytona interior is actually the '64 Cruiser interior...seats and door trim...plusher. Of course, you don't get the rear-seat center armrest, but other than that, it's the Cruiser interior.

Whew, I thought my car had some rusty floors when I bought it!

Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

I see after I slammed him for being in Kenosha 50 years and calling this Studebaker an AMC, he revised his story a bit! Lol!

That interior Bill, is not only plusher, it's drop dead BEAUTIFUL! I have never seen a '65 Daytona Wagonaire ordered with a Cruiser (almost) button pleated all vinyl interior!

But then, possibly the only '65 I have ever seen was that White one owned by Frost & French Studebaker in Los Angeles at the time, and I don't remember what interior was in it. It was pictured in that giant 3 Ft. X 4 Ft. poster with representative cars from about every year from the beginning shown. These were sold I think by Newman & Altman. I wonder if the interior is visible to tell if it has the Cruiser interior, maybe as you say it was Standard when ordered with all vinyl. [:0] The '65 brochure only shows '64 pics of the Wagonaire interior.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by skyway

Wasn't the "Iron Duke" was designed for the very first Chevy II's, with intake and exhaust on the same side. Sometime later GM gave it a crossflow head. I think it was still in use on late '70's early
                      '80's Pontiac Sunbirds and the like.
                      No, the 2.5 in the early 60s was not the Iron Duke. The 2.5 was a 6 cylinder motor with 2 cut off. Either based off of the 194 or 230 engine. This engine became a very popular marine engine in boats, which later grew to a 3.0 liter, which is still available today with either a carb or EFI, producing 135-150hp at the prop shaft.

Randy Wakefield
                      ----------------------
                      1955 President sedan

"For the future that we wait..."

Comment

Working...
                      X