Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1919 Race car?

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know anything about this car?

Thanks,

Dylan
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

I'm not an expert on anything, but it looks like a standard six engine and three speed gearbox from around 1925/26 to me.

Dave Pink
    Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
    1925 ER Tourer
    1925 Panel Delivery
    1953 Champion Sedan
    1957 Golden Hawk

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
    Dave Pink
    Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
    1925 ER Tourer
    1925 Panel Delivery
    1953 Champion Sedan
    1957 Golden Hawk
    1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
    http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Comment

The dog house hood, bucket seats, cylindar fuel tank and exposed trunk suggest that somebody's trying to duplicate an early sportscar similar to that you'd find on circa 1911-16 cars like the Mercer, Overland, Stutz, Olds, Hudson, etc.
      That look was later adapted in kit or jury-rigged form for countless Model T speedsters when "Ts" became cheap enough for young men to buy used(the original "hot rods").

I agree that this car is much later than 1919...look at the wheels & tires, awfully wide.
      The bigger give away is the front wheel brakes which didn't come along until later...early 1920s IIRC on the Rickenbacker and a GM product (Buick?).

63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Looks like '35 Ford wheels (or from that era anyhoo).

Jerry Forrester
        Douglasville, Georgia
        Be sure to check out my eBay store
        http://stores.ebay.com/CHROME-CHROME-CHROME_ and my EZ33 store http://tinyurl.com/2g2j88
        for your shiny Stude stuff

More pix of Leo the '55 Pres HT here...http://tinyurl.com/2gj6cu
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

It's a naked drivetrain. Needs minor body work.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

It would make a cute little period type speedster, but I doubt it is an original from the "day".
            The radiator obviously is much newer and does not fit the shell.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
            "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

the engine is like 27 light six i know of work on it

Comment

after matching it up with many pictures of the early speedsters, and studying the e-bay pictures. I think everyone is right. It a mixed breed, but then thats what many of them were.

Since i've been planning on having one to pull behind Ol Snort to car shows and cruise in (kind of a memeory lane thing from my 50s) i think i'll bid on it. Of course the rear is not complete not quite right. But if i get it i'm sure i can find a read half to make it look right.

Of course the way things are on e-bay right now. No telling what it will go for. Over $300 for 49 truck hood badge. Yipes i hope that guy ain't bidding this one.

Comment

Regarding the rear portion of the speedster. There are a number of ways to build the rear of the body, but some of the model T and model A speedsters around here use the hood off a late 40s to early 50s pickup. The pickup hood has the correct shape and there are lots of choices.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

That sounds like a good idea, if i get it i may not do anything other than put it on an old two wheel trailer and take it to car meets behind my 53 C-cab.But then you never know what stude fever will drive you to doing.

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

Regarding the rear portion of the speedster. There are a number of ways to build the rear of the body, but some of the model T and model A speedsters around here use the hood off a late 40s to early 50s pickup. The pickup hood has the correct shape and there are lots of choices.

Comment

Working...
                    X