PDA

View Full Version : 58 Hawk from evil owner!

bams50
09-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Description says "selling for a fiend"![:0]

Might be a good parts car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Studebaker-1958-Studebaker-Sliver-Hawk-hot-rat-rod-custom-restore_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6466QQihZ019QQitemZ290260251197QQrdZ1QQsspage nameZWDVW

"Body will require rust repair to the floor pans, fenders, trunk lid, trunk floor, frame and other common Studebaker rust areas."

Other than that, it's pretty solid;)

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

r1lark
09-12-2008, 04:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by bams50

Description says "selling for a fiend"![:0]

Might be a good parts car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Studebaker-1958-Studebaker-Sliver-Hawk-hot-rat-rod-custom-restore_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6466QQihZ019QQitemZ290260251197QQrdZ1QQsspage nameZWDVW

"Body will require rust repair to the floor pans, fenders, trunk lid, trunk floor, frame and other common Studebaker rust areas."

Other than that, it's pretty solid;)

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

That's great, Bob....thanks for posting. Hey, don't forget to get me a good story on your latest Skytop to put on the website.:)

Paul
Winston-Salem, NC
Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

bams50
09-12-2008, 04:43 PM
I've started it, Paul. I promised Art a story on it for TW. I can knock it out in an hour or so; I'll try to get it done this weekend. When TW's done it's all yours!

Parish, central NY 13131

buddymander
09-12-2008, 07:41 PM
I think they did the bondo work on the trunk lid with a salad fork.

mbstude
09-12-2008, 08:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by buddymander

I think they did the bondo work on the trunk lid with a salad fork.

You mean, that isn't how it's supposed to be done?

[:o)]

Matthew Burnette
Hazlehurst, GA

farmhawk
09-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Ya gotta love the duct tape seat covers!:)

Wayen K.
Libby, MT
61 Hawk (On the road, FINALLY)

torker
09-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Y'might be an optimist, & say that this car has the "RoadBottom" feature. It is similar to the "SkyTop", except that you can see the road through the bottom, instead of the Sky through the top. Yeah.