• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking dog (lil Off subject)

I received this e mail last eve.
    Still has Stude content

Louis Moore
    289 Cruiser

A guy was driving around the back woods of Tennessee looking for a STUDEBAKER Hawk he
    was told was abandoned in the thick forest and he saw a sign in front of a broken down
    shanty-style house: "Talking Dog for Sale."

He raps on the door, as curiosity gets the best of him and the owner appears and tells him
    the dog is in the backyard.

The guy goes into the back yard and sees a nice looking Beagle sitting there. "You
    talk?" he asks.

"Yep," the Beagle replies.

After the guy recovers from the shock of hearing a dog talk, he says "So, what's
    your story?"

The Beagle looks up and says, "Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was
    pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA and they had me sworn
    into the toughest branch of the armed services...the United States Marines. You know one
    of their nicknames is "The Devil Dogs."

In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with
    spies and world leaders; because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping. I was one
    of their most valuable spies for eight years running, but the jetting around really tired
    me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger. So, I decided to settle down.

I retired from the Corps (8 dog years is 56 Corps years) and signed up for a job at the
    airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and
    listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals. I
    got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired."

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and ask s the owner what he wants for the dog.

"Ten dollars," the guy says.

"Ten dollars? This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so
    cheap?"

"Because he's such a bull****ter ... He never did any of that ****. He was in the
    Navy!"

Hilarious!!
    Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

A very old story that I believe belongs in the Stove Huggers section of these Forums.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I must ask; Did the man have to wake the dog to get the dog to tell him the story? [)] [)]

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left]
        [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
        [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
        1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
        X