Biggsy adding to stable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggsy adding to stable?

Rumor has it Bob <s>stole</s> scored a couple of our favorite marques off of Craigslist. Come on Bob...I hear they were practically in my backyard.[|)] We wanna see 'em...and weep!

KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Well! Kurt's already started a thread for me.[:0] How handy.

Yes, I wouldn't have jumped on these except that it was too good a deal to pass up. There's no way a battery and a carb kit will have these things hummin', but even if I only part them out I'll do OK. The primary piece is a '63 GT Hawk, 289 4spd. PS and that's about it. Missing the speedo, Tach and clock and radio, but still worth saving. Rust in floors, rust at lower rear corners of front fenders and rear fenders dented just ahead of the taillights.
    This thing COULD BE saved or could be a donor. The engine MIGHT run, but hasn't in about 15 years. I'll at least see if it wants to try to run. Glass is all good and all of the interior is there and kinda tired.
    There was a 59V-W6 in the deal too. Solid body and glass, it's V8 has the heads off and in the trunk. Cosmetically, it needs everything. It would be a good example to put effort and money into if you wanted an early Lark 4-dr. I don't. .... I DO, but I want one that's turn-key.[}]
    I took some photos of the Hawk that I'll put up later. I didn't take any of the Lark. Now I just have to figure out how to get them the 50 miles to my place. Thankfully, I've got a little time to do that.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I might add that the storage yard that these Studes are in is host to a wide variety of cars, OLD cars, motorhomes, trailers and 5th wheels.
      Next to the Hawk sets a really solid and sun-worn '67 Eldo. You can tell it's been in that spot a looooooooooooooooong time. Not too far away is a first year Riviera. It and the Eldo are spotlessly rust-free, but with interiors fried from sun and years of triple-digit summers.[V] There's a tired but authentic-lookin' '69 ScRambler collecting dust, a 30s-something Ford sedan hulk, the bare tub of a Bug-Eyed Sprite, several 70s era Chargers or some such Mopars - a couple other Rammers and this 'n that.
      The old gal that runs this storage yard only charges 15 bucks a month per space. That's a deal in any fair-sized city such as Fresno!

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob, would that P/S setup fit a 61 Hawk? Greg Diffen from the UK is looking to get one while he's here for the Meet. Might be a good deal for both of you.

Here's Greg's thread:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
        X