This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this is different

Never seen this before- a Studebaker "Celebration" kit. Throw a party when you buy a new Hawk:

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

I saw this. Was this really a Studebaker item? I have never heard of one of these before. I wish he had posted a better picture of the letter.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I saw this. Was this really a Studebaker item? I have never heard of one of these before. I wish he had posted a better picture of the letter.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Apparently a dictionary was not included in the kit<G>

Bob40
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Apparently a dictionary was not included in the kit<G>

Bob40
          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

quote: Apparently a dictionary was not included in the kit<G>

Bob40
            This vendor has some interesting Studebaker items on eBay. I don't want to be too critical. I know a lot of smart people who can't spell(myself included). We are not all college professors, here, but here are some of the descriptions:

this is for a pieace of literature with the studebaker as a police cra
            studebaker postal ruck
            leo's used girls baleet shoes
            this is for a nos owners manual for your 1957 studebaker champion,comander etc. on the frot it says in english get this for your car
            this is for material for a girl on buying and tkaing care of a lark her name is bernice fitz gibbon
            this is for a 1964 dealer brocher of the 1964 avanti also the studebaker lark very nice pictures

this si for a nosprecision ball baering part number is 1548351 also included is 2 2606402 beraings this is nos

Comment

quote: Apparently a dictionary was not included in the kit<G>

Bob40
              This vendor has some interesting Studebaker items on eBay. I don't want to be too critical. I know a lot of smart people who can't spell(myself included). We are not all college professors, here, but here are some of the descriptions:

this is for a pieace of literature with the studebaker as a police cra
              studebaker postal ruck
              leo's used girls baleet shoes
              this is for a nos owners manual for your 1957 studebaker champion,comander etc. on the frot it says in english get this for your car
              this is for material for a girl on buying and tkaing care of a lark her name is bernice fitz gibbon
              this is for a 1964 dealer brocher of the 1964 avanti also the studebaker lark very nice pictures

this si for a nosprecision ball baering part number is 1548351 also included is 2 2606402 beraings this is nos

Comment

I remember things like this in the stationary stores back in the late '60s. This looks like just one of those generic quirky things one could pickup anywhere. Unless of course, if that congratulatory letter in the lower left hand corner has a letter head, symbol, etc, there's nothing apparent to indicate a Studebaker origin. Then again, if they have a purchase contract that lists a 'celebratory kit' there's documentation on it. Could have been a dealer gimmick.

Lotsa Larks!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I remember things like this in the stationary stores back in the late '60s. This looks like just one of those generic quirky things one could pickup anywhere. Unless of course, if that congratulatory letter in the lower left hand corner has a letter head, symbol, etc, there's nothing apparent to indicate a Studebaker origin. Then again, if they have a purchase contract that lists a 'celebratory kit' there's documentation on it. Could have been a dealer gimmick.

Lotsa Larks!
                  Ron Smith
                  Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

When I list on e-bay I write my description in Word, use the spell check and then cut and paste into the description. It would be helpful if others would do the same.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

When I list on e-bay I write my description in Word, use the spell check and then cut and paste into the description. It would be helpful if others would do the same.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I don't see anything that ties this item to Studebaker. It MAY have been a dealer item (purchased at the local five and dime store). I also noticed that the seller only has one opening bid on the 16 items that he/she has for sale.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I don't see anything that ties this item to Studebaker. It MAY have been a dealer item (purchased at the local five and dime store). I also noticed that the seller only has one opening bid on the 16 items that he/she has for sale.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Grammar, spelling, keyboard skills all lacking here. It SEEMS to me that I've had a less than tasteful experience with this seller in the not-to-distant past. I can't say for sure.

That one item they have listed: Studebaker ball bearing

The part number they show - 1548351 - isn't to be found in the index of any of my parts books. However... it IS in the parts pricing book and is listed as an "Element Kit". Anybody got an idea as to what sort of thing this really is??? It was pricey in it's day at a suggested price list of $44 bucks! Seem's quite alot for a couple of bearings as this seller has characterized it![}]

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Grammar, spelling, keyboard skills all lacking here. It SEEMS to me that I've had a less than tasteful experience with this seller in the not-to-distant past. I can't say for sure.

That one item they have listed: Studebaker ball bearing

The part number they show - 1548351 - isn't to be found in the index of any of my parts books. However... it IS in the parts pricing book and is listed as an "Element Kit". Anybody got an idea as to what sort of thing this really is??? It was pricey in it's day at a suggested price list of $44 bucks! Seem's quite alot for a couple of bearings as this seller has characterized it![}]

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X