Traction Bars for packaged R2 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction Bars for packaged R2 Lark

Doing a ground up on a 63 Lark. We had every part on the rear (except the rear end Dana 44) disassembled sand blasted and painted. I am putting everything together and it is going very well except for one thing....I am attempting to put the traction bars back on and they do not line up. They look to be one inch to long. The only difference is that the leafs were re-arched to factory specs and all new bushing on each part in the rear. Any ideas on what can be done? The rear end sits perfectly on the leaf springs and u bolts are holding it perfectly, radius rods and rear sway bar line up perfectly and shocks line up perfectly. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thank you

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
    58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
    58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
    62 Daytona (White)
    63 R2 Lark (Super Red)
    57 Packard Wagon parts car
    57 Packard sedan parts car
    58 Packard 2 dr hdtp parts car

You do need to have the suspension loaded in order to install the bars and even then it takes a little doing. The other problem could be that when they re arched the main leaf they arched it on the front side of the axle. The Super Lark springs differed from standard as the front of the spring main leaf was flatter. I doubt if they could have arched it enough to give you an inch worht of problem though.

Comment

This IS just a nomenclature error right?

If the radius rods lined up perfectly, you'd be done! Because the radius rods ARE the traction bars! [:0]

quote:Originally posted by 58PackardWagon

The rear end sits perfectly on the leaf springs and u bolts are holding it perfectly, radius rods and rear sway bar line up perfectly and shocks line up perfectly.
      StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
      X