Potomac Chapter Picnic- other pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potomac Chapter Picnic- other pix

In addition to Ron Butts' rod shown in my earlier post, there were several other very interesting cars at the picnic.
    This is Bob DeVore's mild custom '61 Hawk. He did all the prep work and had it painted at Maaco- really nice paint job. Then he took the front seats and console from an '02 F150 crew cab and had them upholstered in materials he bought at Joanne's Fabrics. He did the carpets and panels himself.

Bob Johnstone, Forum member and maintainer of vast Studebaker techical information, brought out his '64 GT for its first trip since he completed it. Notice the interior- he has Chrysler power seats in the car (talk about plush).

Then I have to show Bill Morgan's '47(?) Champion convertible. Not only is it a multiple show winner, he drives its everywhere.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
    '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
    '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
    Museum R-4 engine
    1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
    1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Man! I sure am liking that Hawk of Bob DeVore's!

Chris Pile
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

That 47 convertible is sweet, and it is a 47 according to the hood emblem and bumper guards.

Thanks for posing the pictures.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Working...
      X