Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x

x

From a strictly statistical point of view, it should occur on October 16, 2008. This is based on his current average of 6.78 posts over the 1435 days that he has been registered on the Forum Leap days aren't counted ). However, Bob has not been as prolific in posting as he has been in the past, but this will be offset by his rush to get to 10,000 posts and retiring from the Forum. That being said, October 19, 2008 at 9:37 AM Pacific time.

Decimal Dude (really guessing on this one)

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

This is a rather funny discussion (I accept that Guido is correct from a statistics perspective) - as of course, making the 10,000th post is entirely within Bob's control and therefore will occur on the precise date and time that he wants it to! [}][8D]

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
      May 23 & 24, 2009?
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

LOL!

Edit: BTW, I'm planning something special for that 10K post.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That will be like New Years Eve. Everyone will be watching for the moment. [^]

Comment

Wouldn't it be hilarious if his 10,000th is an EDIT?!!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

Wouldn't it be hilarious if his 10,000th is an EDIT?!!
              Edits do not change your post total, only responses.

[Edited to confirm this]

Comment

Well, there went my weekend celebration!

Comment

Don't mess with decimal dude..

Comment

quote:Originally posted by A1956GoldenHawk

PS: Mark, should you be the lucky winner, I reserve the right to personally deliver that piece of "Studebaker history" via HARBOR AIR seaplane to their nearest port!
                    Okay 56 GH... I am missing something in the meaning of your PS[?] Please explain.

Also, I think perhaps you missed the point of my original post, which is that Bob himself will be solely responsible for determining what date and time he makes his 10K post - therefore, by default, he will choose who wins the contest, therefore attempting to hold a "contest" is rather pointless. [8)]

<h5>Mark
                    '57 Transtar Deluxe
                    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                    May 23 & 24, 2009?
                    </h5>
                    Mark Hayden
                    '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57
                      Also, I think perhaps you missed the point of my original post, which is that Bob himself will be solely responsible for determining what date and time he makes his 10K post - therefore, by default, he will choose who wins the contest, therefore attempting to hold a "contest" is rather pointless. [
                      Not really, if we have someone compile the predictions privately and do not reveal them to Biggsy. That way he can post as normal and when it happens he will announce the post and the "keeper" will reveal the winner.

Comment

oo! A sealed, secret auction guessing betting winning office pool thingy! How exciting! Maybe we ought to put blinders on Biggs computer screen so even he won't know! haha, just being funny guys and girls. Afterall, we would want him to know cuz he said he has a special post for us to read. And I am really excited about what my surprise is going to be.

Comment

OK, let's not make this too complicated. After all, I think the concensus was that post count (like size), doesn't matter.

I've NOT been into windy posts of late because I've just about told every Stude tale I know (ones that involve me, that is) AND in the last couple of years, way more knowlegeable minds than mine have come here and offered advice and answers. I still like to help out with parts applications and IDs, but even there, there's better sorts than me to deal with such.

I AM working on a fantasy tale to offer up for grins. Given what I've got left to do on it and the fast-approaching 10K mark, I should get done with it just in time.[B)] I hope so anyway![:I]

The way my alloted time for this forum's been going, I'd say late October or maybe even November. In truth, I could just browse some of the threads I never even look at and add little comments just to bump up the count. I won't do that tho. It would be disingenuous. I'm just going to maintain the pace I have been and see how it plays out.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe
                          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well,if hes planning to retire after he gets 10,000 i hope he stops at 999,999.I certainly dont want him to stop.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Quote:
                              "someone compile the predictions privately and do not reveal them to Biggsy."

O.K. Biggs. Stay off the Forum for a while. OH. Wait a minute...[:I]

KURTRUK
                              (read it backwards)

KURTRUK
                              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X