PDA

View Full Version : Auction at Meet

herbpcpa
09-06-2008, 10:58 AM
What night is the auction and who gets the money? I have some stuff I may want to donate.

Avantidon
09-06-2008, 01:01 PM
The auction is on Wednesday night and is a national SDC function. keystone receives no proceeds from the auction. All funds go to the SDC to defrey future International Meet expenses and help reduce the costs of future meets to SDC members.

studegary
09-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Don is correct on this auction, but I thought that I would mention that the proceeds from several years' auctions went to the Studebaker Foundation to help it to get started.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Avantidon
09-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Gary that is correct. However I was trying to be potically correct in my response. We the Keystone Chapter have donated a $1,000.00 to the SNF in an effort to offset the loss of this source of revenue and strongly recommend that other chapters follow suit as the SNF has lost its major funding source. They will be giving a scholarship at this year's meet also as they have done in the past. This is a great cause and a great way to promote Studebakers and help youmger folks get interested in the restoration of our cars. Off my ssoap box for now on this.

raprice
09-12-2008, 07:27 PM
My wife & I love the annual auction. It usually follows the Studebaker band concert. A fun night.
Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
Smithtown,NY