Rose Mist Regal Returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose Mist Regal Returns

I think this was the car that was listed twice last year; was in TX, now in AR. I tried to search for the 2 different threads but had no luck.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Nice-looking car, Bob. I'm a sucker for Rose Mist, and while I like '64 two-doors better than '63's, the '63 is my favorite four-door Studebaker. There's something early-Seville-like or '77-'79 Caprice sedan-like, in that rear-door treatment...elegant.

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

I saw that thing yesterday and thought maybe it was the one that had set in a garage here in Visalia for years. $2K woulda bought it an it was well worth that. One-owner lil ol lady - then too old to drive it anymore. I know it went to a nearby town and then disappeard after that. Kinda like the '58 Commander hardtop I test drove and turned down for $450. I know a guy bought it to do as a dad&son project only to realize they'd bit off more than they cared to chew. When I went looking for it a year later, they and the car were gone without a trace.[V]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Isn't that the one that has the original 6.40X15 spare tire on the original Almond color wheel, that we all talked about because the tire was one of those rare early narrow White Wall tires that was White next to the rim instead of having 3/4' to 1" of black next to the rim? [?]

This ad says it's original, but does not show the spare.

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I wondered if that was the car. Seems like it ran but knocked previously, which would indicate the current flex plate problem. I doubt the seller will get a starting bid of a G note, especially with the interior glaringly avoided. It'd be well worth his while to get it running- I bet that alone would get it to draw $2K..... provided the engine is OK.............

Actually, if the interior's not too bad, it might be a good buy to fix and resell if someone's nearby.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Rich mentioned the spare. When I sold my Rose Mist '63 Cruiser it still had its original spare with less than ten miles on it. It was also the narrow whitewall that starts from the rim. I had a spare set of that type of whitewall that I included with the sale of my '63 Skytop hardtop.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X