Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is up for an Economy Run ? (East Coast)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is up for an Economy Run ? (East Coast)

I found this on the Hemmings Forum. The Adirondack Motor Club is holding an Economy Run on October 5th. Anyone interested in taking their Studebaker, and show 'em how it's done right?

Chris Pile
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

That's about an hour from me. The route is through beautiful country.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

We could have our own on Friday 09/19 during the first ever International Meet Poker Run in Lancaster. The course is ideal for that and will include what we face in driving daily and I don't mean traffic. It would be hard to control without all the fancy control stuff but probaly a lot of fun.

See you in the future as I write about our past
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

That looks like fun! Wonder how well a 53 Champion C-body would do with the right prepping and driving?

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I bet it could be a great deal of fun especially if we offered prizes for that phase of the run as we are for the Poker Run. Top Prize? A GPS System.[8D]
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Looks like a Stude is in

13. Carl Germain - 1950 Studebaker Champion Business Coupe

Bill
            http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
            sigpic

Comment

I'll be darned- I just met Carl last week! Carl, if you're watching, how about checking in?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I am glad you guys found the link to our Economy Run, My name is Mike Kamm and I am coordinating the event. Our club is called the Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club [A.M.E.C.] and we were incorporated in 1954. We held our first Economy Run that very same year. I was very pleased that Carl signed up because our club really enjoys the classic cars in our events. In fact we had Dan and Richard Dobbins run their '62 Lark in our Historic Ice races on Lake George a couple of years ago.

This is not an all day drive like Jeff suggested. It's a three hour morning drive through the beautiful fall foliage in the southern Adirondack mountains. We hope a few more of you guys will come out and enjoy this event with us.

Mike

Comment

Thanks for checking in, Mike! I've already got plans that weekend, or I'd think about adding a 60 Lark wagon to the mix.

And thanks for the Lark pics! I'm very familiar with the entire area, and Lake George is one of our favorite places on Earth!

Good luck with the run... and BTW, how did you find us?

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Good luck with the run... and BTW, how did you find us?
                    When Carl signed up out of the blue I asked him how he found us! He said someone posted a link on the Studebaker forum pages. So I did a google search.

It's great to be here.

Mike

Comment

I'm going to put my 50 Stude in the run. Always wanted to do something like this.
                      Come on guys lets get another stude.
                      Carl

Comment

I noticed that there hasn't been any mention this year of some drags on friday of the international always fun watching and having the odd run
                        Have to do the poker run I guess.....but we could drag between light I suppose []

LANCASTER or BUST
                        "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
                        1964 Daytona HT
                        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Hey Mike..
                          Long time no hear..
                          Your ice racing pic's from a few years ago are still up over on Sonny's site (somewhwere)..
                          I wasn't slamming the contest, just pointing out that Studebaker had hyperdriving built into their cars 60 years ago....as normal options!
                          Stude's should be able to hold their own just fine!
                          Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
                          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by thekid1950

I'm going to put my 50 Stude in the run. Always wanted to do something like this.
                            Come on guys lets get another stude.
                            Carl
                            Carl, glad to see you posted! Keep in touch.

Wish I could join you with the wagon; keep us posted, and maybe a trip report afterwards?

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Hi all,

I was glad to see so much interest in our Economy Run II in this thread last year. Unfortunatley Carl wasn't able to come out with us as planned but perhaps this year he and some of you will. I just posted about our upcoming August 23rd Economy Run III event in a new thread here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...TOPIC_ID=30612

We really like the classic cars and even gave them their own class this year!

Bill Clark is signed up with his 1957 Metropolitan hardtop.

Hope to see some of you there with your Studes,

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X