PDA

View Full Version : PRODUCTION ORDER?



Jimmie
09-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Recently I saw somewhere where one could purchase a copy of some kind of paperwork related to production of one's car. I am hoping someone can refresh my memory about this topic as I am ready to purchase same.

Thank you,

Jimmie

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/studerich/Jim%20Judy/Picture1.jpg
1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA
I'VE SAVED SO MUCH DAYLIGHT THAT THERE'S NO DARK TO SLEEP IN ANYMORE!

StudeDave57
09-04-2008, 12:28 AM
This ought to get you started~

http://www.studebakermuseum.org/styles.asp?cid=211


StudeDave '57 [8D]
San Diego, Ca.
San Diego County SDC
www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
'57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon...)
'57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
'57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Part owner of the one and only
'55 PROTOTYPE panel van

4961Studebaker
09-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Very neat we as a collective group have this resourse available to us. I have bought one for each of my vehicles, decoded information here on the forum , and hung them in a frame out in the garage. Now I'm going to guess you'll scour ebay for a 50 sales brouchure. :)

Do share when you receive yours!

ChopStu
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q14/kkad0711/IMG_5406-1.jpg

Bill Pressler
09-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Something else the museum has for '60 and later model years, are cards showing the name and address of the original purchaser! And starting with cars sold in Sept. '63 and later, they have cards that not only show the name and address of the original purchaser, but his/her occupation, trade-in vehicle, and salesman's name! I think they should promote this more (although I'm told the first-style cards appear to not be complete).

For examples of such cards, see here, near the bottom:

http://www.studebakerskytop.com/jtskytops.html

For what other make of car could you get this information...even if it's only the last several model years?!

Incidentally, I've also found that the destination on the production order might not actually be where the car was sold, as Studebaker dealers (at least in the last few years of production) would trade cars to other dealers, as is done today.

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

JRoberts
09-04-2008, 11:59 AM
I tried to get the production order for my Cruiser, but was told that it had been lost. Is there anything else I can do to get this original information?

Joe Roberts
'61 R1 Champ
'65 Cruiser
Editor of "The Down Easterner"
Eastern North Carolina Chapter

studegary
09-04-2008, 12:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by JRoberts

I tried to get the production order for my Cruiser, but was told that it had been lost. Is there anything else I can do to get this original information?

Joe Roberts
'61 R1 Champ
'65 Cruiser
Editor of "The Down Easterner"
Eastern North Carolina Chapter


When the production orders/build sheets were first sold, the original copies were provided. The thought was that they would stay with the car. Of course, this was also easier as the information did not have to be transposed. It also meant that there were missing build sheets for anyone seeking that one latter or for someone researching something. You might try going back to previous owners to see if they ever got a build sheet for your car.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Bill Pressler
09-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Joe, try the SNM and see if they have the shipping certificate ("Drive Away Shipper") for your car, which has most of the same information as the production order (see link in my last post, above, to see a copy of a Drive Away Shipper for my car). I believe the SNM would probably sell a copy of it for the same cost as a production order. They have these shippers starting with the '60 model year also...I am assuming they have them for Canadian production (but don't know for sure).

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1


quote:Originally posted by JRoberts

I tried to get the production order for my Cruiser, but was told that it had been lost. Is there anything else I can do to get this original information?

Joe Roberts
'61 R1 Champ
'65 Cruiser
Editor of "The Down Easterner"
Eastern North Carolina Chapter

studegary
09-04-2008, 01:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jimmie

Recently I saw somewhere where one could purchase a copy of some kind of paperwork related to production of one's car. I am hoping someone can refresh my memory about this topic as I am ready to purchase same.

Thank you,

Jimmie




This looks like you may need to join the Studebaker Drivers Club, from this site and $19.95 for the first year. The SNM advertises these build sheets often.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

showbizkid
09-04-2008, 01:21 PM
How would one obtain a copy of the sales card? Would you have to visit the museum archives?


[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
'63 F2/Lark Standard
http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
www.studebakersandiego.com

Jimmie
09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the address! I called today and ordered the sheet for "my car" and am to receive it within a very few days according to the lady with whom I spoke.

Thanks again,

Jimmie



quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

This ought to get you started~

http://www.studebakermuseum.org/styles.asp?cid=211


StudeDave '57 [8D]
San Diego, Ca.
San Diego County SDC
www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
'57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon...)
'57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
'57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Part owner of the one and only
'55 PROTOTYPE panel van


http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/studerich/Jim%20Judy/Picture1.jpg
1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA
I'VE SAVED SO MUCH DAYLIGHT THAT THERE'S NO DARK TO SLEEP IN ANYMORE!

Jimmie
09-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the information and I am currently a member. Also, I called today and my Production Order should arrive within the next few days. Thanks for your comments.

Jimmie




quote:Originally posted by studegary


quote:Originally posted by Jimmie

Recently I saw somewhere where one could purchase a copy of some kind of paperwork related to production of one's car. I am hoping someone can refresh my memory about this topic as I am ready to purchase same.

Thank you,

Jimmie




This looks like you may need to join the Studebaker Drivers Club, from this site and $19.95 for the first year. The SNM advertises these build sheets often.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer


http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/studerich/Jim%20Judy/Picture1.jpg
1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA
I'VE SAVED SO MUCH DAYLIGHT THAT THERE'S NO DARK TO SLEEP IN ANYMORE!