PDA

View Full Version : Parking during the 44th International Meet

studeguy
09-03-2008, 10:52 AM
<center>44th International Meet </center>
<center>Statement on Parking of Trailers, RVís, Box trucks, etc. on the Lancaster Host grounds during the week of the meet in Lancaster</center>

The 44th International Meet is fast approaching and the International Meet Committee has been working hard to make this the best meet ever. In order to accomplish this, we need the support of all participants in adhering to the strict parking restrictions that have been put in place for the enjoyment of all at the meet.

To that end, through negotiation, we have secured off-site secure parking for all trailers, box trucks, etc at the Old Mill Stream Campground. This lot, located directly across the highway from the Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center and directly adjacent to Dutch Wonderland Amusement Park parking has 24-hour security and is available at a minimal cost of $1.00 per day. Motor homes, pull-behind RV trailers, will not be permitted to set-up on the Lancaster Host grounds and must be parked elsewhere (we suggest Old Mill Stream Campground). Please park your trailers prior to registering for the meet in order to keep the entire Lancaster Host facility open and convenient to all. NO three or four-wheelers, motorcycles, scooters or golf carts may be used on the grounds during the period September 13-20, 2008, unless they bear the appropriate handicapped placard.

If you plan to unload a vehicle for use during the meet, we ask that you please unload it at the Old Mill Stream Campground secure parking area. There will be no space at the Host to accommodate the unloading of vehicles. Once you have unloaded your vehicle please feel free to bring it to the Host for registration at the Host if you are a guest there, or to pick up registration materials. When you pick-up your registration materials, you will be given a mirror hanger card which, along with your windshield placard displaying your class assignment, will be REQUIRED for entry to the Lancaster Host grounds on [u]THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 18 only</u>, day of the Concours and judging. All other non-registered visitors will be required to park at Dutch Wonderland (located directly across from the Lancaster Host) and walk to the Concours, or at Rockvale Outlets Lancaster and take the shuttle to the Host. Please comply with this requirement to maintain a smooth flow of traffic the day of the Concours.

In order to maintain the Host for the enjoyment of all, we will strictly enforce the parking restrictions and the unloading of vehicles on the Lancaster Host grounds. We expect you will cooperate with us, along with all the great members of SDC, ASC and AOAI so we will not have to physically remove a vehicle from the grounds.

Our non-Host parking facilities will be able to handle all of the trailers that we expect and are being provided for use by all.

Please help us help you enjoy your time in Lancaster by parking your trailer, box, truck, etc, in the secure lot.

44th International Meet Committee

studegary
09-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Denny - Will those staying at the Host Hotel with a Brand X vehicle receive some sort of parking permit and/or reserved space to enter and use the Host Hotel grounds during the SDC Convention?

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Guido
09-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Can I get a special exemption to drop off my horse drawn vehicles at the hotel? Might be tough for me to try and push them across 4 lanes of Route 30 traffic....... ;)

http://thumb14.webshots.net/t/63/663/9/36/86/2567936860097493054TXiheL_th.jpgGuido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

rockne10
09-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Gary,
No doubt consideration will be given. Did you find a suitable trailer?

Brad Johnson
Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/rockne10/Rockne/th_Rocknegauges.jpg'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight

Avantidon
09-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Gary

All guests staying in the Host Resort and Conf Center will receive a Window Hanger for their vehicle which we expect to be left on the vehicle while parked at the Host. The only day that is a real concern is Thursday Concours daay as i will be utilizing all of the excess parking facilities for the Concours Field. There are however enough spaces surrounding the Hotel to handle all of the registered guests. The parking lots that I am using are the outlying and overflow lots.

Guido, when you arrive on Sunday. we will make arrangements to allow you to unload your Horse-drawn vehicles. I have attempted to get an Amish farmer to bring a team of his horses to hitch to your vehicles and bring them across the street but have been unsuccessful in doing that as that Sunday is a Church meeting day for them.

Guido
09-04-2008, 07:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by rockne10

Gary,
No doubt consideration will be given. Did you find a suitable trailer? Brad,

As I have not been able to find a new trailer to suit my needs, I plan on redecking my Hudson car trailer. It is a '88 model I bought new and the floor is about shot. I can put two on that and if I bring my rollback, I can get another on that.

Gary

http://thumb14.webshots.net/t/63/663/9/36/86/2567936860097493054TXiheL_th.jpgGuido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

jbwhttail
09-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Ok I'm a little slow .............

I'm trailoring my car to Lancaster, I want the car at the Host hotel where I am registered, I also want my tow vehicle(truck) there as it will be my transportation. Will I get two parking passes or is my Studebaker doomed to the trailor until Thursday concours?

Is there crosswalks to the trailor parking area? We are not opposed to walking a distance to our tow vehicle.

It is an addiction!

Avantidon
09-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Unfortunately you will receive only one parking pass due to limited space. So I guess the Studebaker is limited to the trailer in the secured parking until at least Wednesday afternoon and then pssobly you will be able to move it to the Show field.

There will be Crossing Guards on Thursday however there is a Lite about 300 yds down from the Host to cross on other days.

TX Rebel
09-09-2008, 08:46 AM
I hope I can park and vend from my truck on my swap meet spot

Barry'd in Studes

Avantidon
09-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Mr Barry'd in Studes, you are the exception to the rule as an outdoor vendor you can place you vehicle in your vending space and have at it.

ITZAS2D
09-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Concerning the comment that the car must stay in the trailer until Wednesday afternoon, so if I want to get my car out of the trailer each day to display, I have to park across the street and not on Host parking lot? Or I could drive my truck across the street and put the tag on the Stude and park on the Host lot each day. May just be better to drive brand x and park on the Host lot each day.

LarkVIII
09-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Where do those of us not staying at the hotel or registering park? We're planing on coming up for day trips at the beginning and end of the week.

63VY4 Leakin' Lena Hagerstown MD

rockne10
09-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Dutch Wonderland, directly across the street; can't miss it.

ITZAS2D
09-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Lets call it what it is, across the the highway, not the street.