09-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Anyone need a set?

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289454

Matthew Burnette
Hazlehurst, GA
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk179/1959S2D/andy-1.jpg

StudeRich
09-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Lots and lots of people have asked me for those, Studebaker owners and '40 Ford Coupe or sumthin owners!
I guess the right people are not seeing them. Also it would help if he could sell them for $250.00 a set instead of $450.00 I think! [:0]

The ad is a bit confusing, at first he is talking about them being ready to "bolt on", then says the bulb sockets and wires are not included! [:0]

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

bams50
09-04-2008, 05:41 AM
Rich, they ARE ready to bolt on, just not ready to work;)

The guy turned me off already with this comment: "Can nobody use them? Guess I won't make any more." So he wants to threaten people into buying them?

I'll pass. If that's the attitude employed trying to get me to buy, imagine if a problem arises[}:)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Chris Pile
09-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Never fear, I log onto the HAMB every day. I'll send him here, and to the Antique Stude forum on the AACA board.

Chris Pile
Midway Chapter SDC
The Studebaker Special

bams50
09-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Chris, do you have any familiarity with his style? Maybe he wasn't trying to be snippy with that comment. It just gave me a mental picture of somebody scowling with their arms folded and threatening to take their ball and go home. But as we all know, it's easy to misunderstand the intention of a written statement;)

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

[b]"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

barnlark
09-05-2008, 01:11 AM
"But as we all know, it's easy to misunderstand the intention of a written statement"

That's for sure, guilty. [B)]:D Rich is right, $250 would probably make that "can nobody use them" comment history and keep him very busy for some time; especially without sockets and wires going for $450. Now I know why I have saved every socket and wire plug for every rusted out 59-60 taillight housing I found. I thought I was just being a CASO, but I'm really more like a CASPR..."packrat". Has that one been copyrighted yet? ;)

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN0362.jpg

cstude1
09-05-2008, 05:25 PM
I have had the chrome rims and plastic lenses available for many years.
The rims are hand made from a piece of steel, polished and chromed.
I did not make bulb holders as these lights are custom installed on a lot of vechicles. Frenched, neon lighting, etc. on street rods, a pair on a Harley and so on.
Chuck Collins

Chris Pile
09-05-2008, 11:16 PM
quote:Chris, do you have any familiarity with his style? Maybe he wasn't trying to be snippy with that comment. It just gave me a mental picture of somebody scowling with their arms folded and threatening to take their ball and go home.

I don't know the cat at all, but some of the guys on the HAMB have an attitude. I figured it wouldn't kill me or him if I let him know where his market really was.

Of course, it wouldn't hurt if an SDC member logged on and showed some interest. Talk of money usually holds ones attention.

Chris Pile
Midway Chapter SDC
The Studebaker Special