Studebaker at show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker at show

There was a car show Saturday for a Police officer that was shot and killed. There were over 200 cars there and I took the 59 pickup. It rained before it was over so it ended early. [img][/img]

Your pickup looks nice and I am glad that you showed it. I have owned two 1959 pickups.
    The guy with the GMC sure looks like he wanted to snuggle up to a Studebaker or he just can't park it in the middle of his space.
    Normal parking spaces are really too tight for a car show. It is hard to see the vehicles or to take pictures.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I saw several cool ones at a show today, Labor Day, in my hometown.

Love the color on that Olds! I'm ashamed to say my Studes stayed home. I'm too thin-skinned at shows when guys walk by and make snide remarks about orange peel in my paint, or maybe see a little run in my clearcoat. These guys have mile deep paintjobs of perfection. My cars and truck are 'seen' at Home Depot parking lots.
      That's a '28 Mack truck, BTW.

Western Washington, USA

Comment

I bring my car just as a favor to everybody else to make their cars look better...

Comment

quote:Originally posted by buddymander

I bring my car just as a favor to everybody else to make their cars look better...
          Great cause, hope the show brought some needed funds to the fallen officer. Nothing better than the generous nature of car clubs, car guy's/gals.

LOL I have a truck like that.
          I think a bumper sticker is in order,
          I'm here to make yours look better.(TM) [:0]UPDATE: Better go ahead and trademark this one[8D].
          I drive it to help yours look better.(TM)

And this reminds me of a thread months back,
          The next show I go to and park next to a nice Vette, and the owner is about to come unglued because I'm next to his GEM[}], I can say, Yeah....I'm going to park it here, cause I make your car look better[:0].
          2R5-how many do you think we can sell?

ChopStu
          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

That sounds like a bumper sticker that would be really popular with anybody who has a work in progress or beater that they drive. I think they would sell to people with all kinds of cars and trucks. Print it and they will come.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
            "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I find at car shows with the mirrors on these Studebaker trucks that people are always running into them , usually happens when they are looking at the vehicle beside you and they turn and start walking and "bang" right into your mirror [}] I now usually take a wrench with me and turn the mirrors into the cab.

LANCASTER or BUST
              "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
              1964 Daytona HT
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
              X