STP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STP

During the time I've been on this forum, I've noticed that a very small number of you seem to collect STP products. In cleaning out my parent's and grandmother's garage I found 5 cans of STP. Four of them have a 1985 copyright date on the label and one has a 1981 date. All 5 are cardboard cans with poptops.

Is anyone interested in them? What are they worth?

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Bob,

Like me, I suspect that many of the folks here may be interested in the products that were produced during the time that Studebaker owned them. If no one expresses an interest, you can try them on e-Bay. Here is part of my collection.

Below is a link to a piece I put on the Forum last year.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Gary
      You got me beat by a mile

Comment

Gary will correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure the cardboard cans are way after Studebaker Worthington sold the STP Division. So on the bottom of the label, if the Manufacturer's name is not STP Division of Studebaker Corp. they are worth what the contents are worth only.

Now-days a little more than the original price of $1.35! Maybe $2-3 at a swapmeet, and a no-sale on ebay, because you can get them at your corner Drug Store or Super Market without shipping.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Gary will correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure the cardboard cans are way after Studebaker Worthington sold the STP Division.
          I believe the cardboard cans began to be used in the late '70's. There were metal cans after Studebaker sold them, including ones labeled "Secret Formula", "Andy Granatelli's" and "The Racers Edge", but these will contain addresses in Des Plaines, IL and Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido
            Here is part of my collection.
            Gary...buddy...you are WAY over your limit on STP cans.

Sorry, but I'm with your wife on this one.

[)]

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

...Not to mention tripping over them every time you go up and down the stairs

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
              X