Weird turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird turn signals

The other night I was driving home from a little show & shine. Before I got home it got dark so I put the head lights on. Seamed like the right thing to do. I was traveling on a frontage road to avoid Hwy. 101 pot holes. So I turned on the high beams. All was fine until I got to an itersection. I turned on my left turn signal and got the left signal but the indicator on the dash showed I had the right signal on. When I went to the right it showed the left signal was on. OUT SIDE LIGHTS OKAY- INSIDE SHOWS OPPOSITE DIRECTION.
    Turn high beams off and all is as it should be. With lights off all is good.[}][?]
    Can't see where the high beam switch hooks up with the turn signals in the shop manual. It shows the flasher goes to the ignition switch but doesn't say what terminal.
    Any thoughts that wont require me to find a wizzard.[)]

John Ratliff

Check your grounds for each light socket.
    Jeff[8D]
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Agree with Jeff. Your problem is grounding. I would start with cleaning/tightening all screws from light fixtures to body. Your lights are working but the circuit is finding the cleanest return to ground. If the fixtures/housings do not have clean ground to the body, current is feeding through dash telltale markers.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
      X