Under dash Airconbditioning units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under dash Airconbditioning units

Yes, I know they were all like that, I'm just wondering whether it's possible to just get the under dash unit and what they may cost. Was thinking of getting three and shipping them from an Aussie business in Orange County California.

Perhaps not available???

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Not sure if I got the vendor correct but I think Bob Helm (Texas) was advertising complete a/c units for Studes in the last couple of TW's (1/4 page ad).

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23 & 24, 2009?
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

I have a a good friend in the aftermarket A/C business and would be happy to act as your agent in this matter. His business is wholesale only- and he doesn't sell to the "general public". I have an NC Wholesale license- so he graciously lets me buy direct in small quantities. He carries much the same units as Vintage Air, at a good discount. He has at least (3) different hang-on units and many different "under dash" heat, Heat+AC, AC only, units...as well as compressors, hose connections (to make your own lines), dryers, electric fans, fittings, grommets, firewall through-fittings etc...

Feel free to e-mail me direct to discuss what you want/need etc...

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
      Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
      Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

Thanks Ray, but I live in Australia. What I thought may have possible was to locate some of the under dash units that Studebaker installed, without any other components, then ship them down here via Long Beach as there's an Aussie business continually shipping containers both ways across the pacific.

It's probably cost prohibitive and we can use any under dash unit from other manufacturers as Studebaker never offered A/C as an option here so in a concours anything would be OK, conversely for you in the States you'd need the correct thing.

If I have misunderstood you and your friend could get the "real thing" or modern copies I'd be interested in pricing so I can discuss this with a couple of others who also wanted A/C.

Was just checking as one of our members was stung by a vendor sending the unit airmail, and didn't want to repeat it.

Sounds like a forlorn search as those who usually pipe up with parts didn't respond.

John Clements
        Lockleys South Australia
        John Clements

Comment

John-

If you need factory-original units, that will be tough to do- especially three. If you don't have to have authentic 60s units, the new ones on the market look similar to original, and are probably easier to work with. There are several out there, like Classic Air. Contact Ebon on this forum (goes by "railway")- he does A/C and can probably steer you in the best direction.

As for shipping, I'd imagine any source would be able to ship to California for you.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Thanks Bob,

I'll check it out, though if originals aren't available we may as well see what we can get here.

John Clements
            Lockleys South Australia
            John Clements

Comment

I only have one is stock right now, and am trying to hold on to it for a while yet.
              Always looking for more.

Ebon...
              [img][/img]

"I sweat to keep others cool"

Comment

Working...
              X