Studebaker Jr. Farm Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Jr. Farm Wagon

Does anybody know how much a Studebaker Jr. Farm Wagon in decent shape is worth? I recently came across one and am thinking about buying it to go with my other Studebaker stuff if I can get a good deal on it. I found a reproduction on this website that's pretty pricey.

Thanks!

You might try Hansen Wagon and Wheel shop in South Dakota. My brother in law shows Belgian Horses and has used this shop for a number of items. I had a chance to go there with him this summer and the place is spectacular. Doug Hansen does work for Budweiser even. Not sure of his pricing, but I have seen his work and it is very very nice to say the least. The link to his site is:

Builders of authentic horse drawn wagons, wheels and parts

Good Luck.

Steve Saeger
    Marysville, Ohio
    49 2R5

Comment

Hansens is a good shop, if a bit pricey. One closer to home is Alvin, and his son David, Raber in Millersburg OH.

Their website is here: http://www.a-dbuggy.com/

They can also give you a good idea of what to pay for that little goat wagon.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Great link to the A&D Buggy shop. I forwarded that to my brother in law to look at as well. Its close enough for me, but a little long in the distance for him as he lives in Southern California. He has been known quite often to travel to get items though. He bought his last Belgian in Amish country this year.

Steve Saeger
        Marysville, Ohio
        49 2R5

Comment

I used to live in Orange County. It's south of Los Angeles. There's a very active driving community down there. If you like, I could have some friends contact your brother with more information. Also, there any number of suppliers in Ohio and Penn. that could be of service as well. Fun stuff driving horses to nineteenth century Studebakers!

Ron Smith
          Ron Smith

Comment

I will call him on my way home from work. I usually talk to him several times a week. To be honest, my wife thinks we are more related than she is to him due to the amount of time we spend talking or being together.

He lives in Hinkley, Ca. in the high desert (that is where I brought my truck back from this spring). Might remember that from the Erin Brockovich movie. He has been there his entire life.

Steve Saeger

Steve Saeger
            Marysville, Ohio
            49 2R5

Comment

Thanks, I sent both of them an email.

Comment

53 Coupe: To answer your question, 'original' Studebaker Jr wagons sell for between $1800 and $4000, depending on condition, paint, lettering, any replaced items, etc. The general price range is $2000 to $3200. MOST of the reproduction wagons are identified as such but 'buyer beware'. There are other Jr wagons out there that were produced by other manufacturers which do not have the Studebaker identification BUT are called Studebakers because they all look similar. When looking at an actual wagon, you really have to be carefull with what you are looking at, and, its provenance. If you are looking at future value, you must have an original. It you just want a wagon, then a repro will do.

toyman

Comment

If you want a functional repro, Hansen's and Raber's will be able to fill the order. Cost will be between a thousand or two at most and that would probably include goat shafts and a pull bar (for the kiddies).

Ron Smith
                  Ron Smith

Comment

Two years ago I had six of these made by an Amish wheel maker in Ohio. I sold five of them for $800 each. I placed mine on display at the Studebaker National Museum and a visitor came in and had to have it so it was sold to him for $1000 of which the museum's cut was $200. Bottom line, the price you have been quoted on the site is about double what I got for the six I had. If you would like the name and contact info for the builder contact me via the Newsgroup and I will provide it. I assure you these wagons are of [u]excellent quality</u>, surely better than the originals.

Richard Quinn
                    editor: Antique Studebaker Review
                    Richard Quinn
                    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Nice job. Here's an original:

Ron Smith
                      Ron Smith

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker
                        Nice job. Here's an original:

Ron Smith
                        Nice Clunk! Dog optional??

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar Deluxe
                        Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                        May 23 & 24, 2009?
                        </h5>
                        Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander

Comment

Sorry Mark, the dog's company property. The above picture was an excerpt from a '63 Cruiser ad. Here's the whole shot:

Ron Smith
                          Ron Smith

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel

Two years ago I had six of these made by an Amish wheel maker in Ohio. I sold five of them for $800 each. I placed mine on display at the Studebaker National Museum and a visitor came in and had to have it so it was sold to him for $1000 of which the museum's cut was $200. Bottom line, the price you have been quoted on the site is about double what I got for the six I had. If you would like the name and contact info for the builder contact me via the Newsgroup and I will provide it. I assure you these wagons are of [u]excellent quality</u>, surely better than the originals.

Richard Quinn
                            editor: Antique Studebaker Review

I wasn't looking to buy a reproduction for decoration. I just kind of stumbled across this original unit. I would think that an original in decent shape would be worth more than a brand new reproduction, but I'm not sure if that's true or not. I think I'm going to pick it up. He's asking quite a bit less for it than you sold your reproductions for.

Doug Hansen think I should go for it, although he's not sure of the value on the small wagons like this.

Comment

Nice looking wagon...but I don't have a large dog.
                              Wonder if a pair of basset hounds would work?
                              That would be a sight...my woife would have me committed.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                              63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                              X