My car makes Sept. TW.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car makes Sept. TW.

OK, it was my 60 convertible before I sold to to the fellow that restores it nicely enough to make the back cover. Nice story, he restored it for his bride of 30 years.

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

Haven't received it yet. Congrats, JP. Is it a new color? I'll accept any descriptions in lieu of seeing a real magazine cover.

Comment

John,

I haven't received the September issue yet but now know that Janet's car made the cover. Cool!! She doesn't know this is coming either so she'll get another surprise.

I would really like to thank you again for selling me such a solid car!! The trunk and floors were as solid as could be. The hog troughs were great too. I've never liked buying stuff, especially BIG stuff, sight unseen. You are a true asset to the hobby and a trustworthy source.

We've driven the car a lot this summer and folks always enjoy seeing it. We still need to do the interior but as I told you when I bought it, it is intended to be a driver. I must say the the cloth interior does have it's pluses!!

Thanks to SASCO, SI, Rich and Doc from Studebaker Norhwest, Chuck Collins and all the others that helped with parts for the car. It wouldn't have gotten done without them. This is what is so great about SDC and this site. Makes playing with our toys so much easier!

Thanks to Art Unger for putting the picture on the cover!! I would have never thought that would happen with one of our cars!! That's just WAY TOO COOL!!

Thanks again, John! You did REAL good!!

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Rob,
      Laramie

Comment

No, thanks to you. Solid it may have been, but it needed more love (work) that I was willing to do. Not only did you provide the love/work, you took a driver and made into a car Janet could be proud of. I can tell you, I did not recognize the car until I read the cover car description, it's a worthy car for the back cover. Heck, could have served on the front cover as well.

JDP/Maryland
        "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
        Thomas Jefferson
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
        X