1937 build numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 build numbers

I am trying to find the build numbers for 1937 President 3 passenger coupes and 1937 Dictator 3 window coupes. I found the numbers for all Presidents and all Dictators but not the model breakdown.
    Wondering if anyone has access to this information or can direct me to where the information might be.
    Thanks

I got the numbers. Richard Quinn was kind enough to look them up for me. So for those of you who have an interest here they are:

12,784 Dictator Coupes (8678 were the model 5A with the straight axle and 4106 6A with the Planar suspension). Only 971 Presidents.

Comment

Remember the scene in "Men In Black II" when they opened the locker and the inhabitants chanted "All hail Richard"?
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

LOL

Comment

And to add:
          3125 - 1937 Model J5 (South Bend)
          375 - 1937 Model J5 (Los Angeles)
          (Both Coupe Express and 'Suburban car')
          (source: The Antique Studebaker Review Vol 27 #4)

quote:Originally posted by 5brown1

I got the numbers. Richard Quinn was kind enough to look them up for me. So for those of you who have an interest here they are:
          12,784 Dictator Coupes (8678 were the model 5A with the straight axle and 4106 6A with the Planar suspension). Only 971 Presidents.
          http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
          X