Time or replacing rear floor pan on a 1951 Starlig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time or replacing rear floor pan on a 1951 Starlig

Hello, Does anyone know how long it takes to cut out old floor pan and replace a new floor pan for a 1951 Champion Starlight. How many hours will it take to cut and replace?

About two to three days of hard work.

Remove doors by removing the hinges from the support pillar, do not take door off hinges. weld a rod between the A pillar and B pillar so door opening does not open or close. Cut out bad part. Lay new pan over hole and draw a line about 1/2 inch wider, cut new pan to fit and flange the edges. Tack weld every two inches and do one on one side then go to the opposite side and repeat. That way you won't warp the metal. Then weld the whole piece. Do not remove more floor than you have to.

Comment

Bondobilly, How long will it take to replace rear trunk floor pan?

Comment

Any of these operations are going to depend on tools, facility and experience.
        I can attest to the fact that it can be done by someone with incorrect tools, poor facilities and no experience but it requires a whole lot more patience.[)]

It will also require a first aid kit.[)]

Brad Johnson
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by royvaldez

Bondobilly, How long will it take to replace rear trunk floor pan?
          Never did one on a Starlight Coupe, both my Starlight and my ragtop the trunks were near perfect.

Comment

Working...
          X