Long lost car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long lost car.

This is a scan of a photo I took at the First SDC meet I ever attended, (Springfield MO) and really like the car. Does anyone (Gary Sanders) remember the vehicle or recall who may own it today.
    Thanks.

ChopStu
    61 Lark

sigpic

It's mine, I still have it, been stored since 1995. I just finished building a 1952 pickup, and going to start on the Lark this winter.

Comment

Awesome! I had a feeling I might find the needle in the haystack. Hows the car/paint weathered all these years?

I remember wanting my father to by it for me. Loved the "wineberry" color.

ChopStu
      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a search for a lost first love! Could be a deal in the making..[?]

Comment

Color was changed to purple after 1991, but it need paint again. Look for a return of the car at the 2011 meet.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

May have to see the new version!, might be like that cute cheerleader in school who you meet some 20 years later and she's turned into a COW.[:0][B)]

ChopStu
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 4961Studebaker

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

May have to see the new version!, might be like that cute cheerleader in school who you meet some 20 years later and she's turned into a COW.[:0][B)]

ChopStu
              I remember going to my 50th high school reunion and noticing that the best looking girls from high school were still the best looking and the others were still the others.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Just went to my 40th High School reunion this summer. Most of the cute girls have held up really well with a few exceptions. I was most pleased to see that one of the bullies that used to make my life miserable is now a fat, old man with bad knees. BTW This former nerd had a wonderful time and got more attention in one evening than I got all through high school. I guess there is some justice.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
                "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

OH 4961!! I would really hate to be in your shoes when Bams50 hears what you called a Lark. I'd be leaving town already. Here I come tramp steamer!

I echo 52-Fan's comments on reunions. Went to my 40th the first of this month and much the same happened for me. I couldn't believe how many of the girls remembered my Stude as the car they had their first date in. Oh, to be a studemuffin today......

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

OH 4961!! I would really hate to be in your shoes when Bams50 hears what you called a Lark.
                    NAH... if you love Larks, you have to get used to your favorites getting dissed and made fun of... goes with the territory![:I]

Besides, I'm not worried; no way my funny little clown cars will ever be able to become "cows"

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Here it is in purple, before I parked it.

Comment

What was done to the rear wheel wells?

Looks good. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I love that purple Lark.

Now that I have seen the front and side view I am curious what you did to the tailights. Do you have a photo of them?

Jeff

Comment

I'll scan some more pics. and post them in a couple of days.

Comment

Nice Lark, Stude-sled. Time capsulized, eh? Can't wait to see it back out.
                              Speaking of reunions, I had a life changing one at my 30th, but definitely without cows in the story. Mostly found out there was more bull on the men's part! The women wised up instead of filled up.

Comment

Working...
                              X