This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok Guys, identify this Phaeton

Here's a beautiful Studebaker Phaeton in Norway. I think it's a '31, but I'm not sure. Somebody tell us all they know about this model please.

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

You know, Turning Wheels did a story on these cars early this year. I remember some of the details, like the dual horns and the running lights on the fenders. For the life of me, that's all I remember.

Sure is a beautiful car. Looks like it even has a windscreen for the back seat.

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

You know, Turning Wheels did a story on these cars early this year. I remember some of the details, like the dual horns and the running lights on the fenders. For the life of me, that's all I remember.

Sure is a beautiful car. Looks like it even has a windscreen for the back seat.

Lotsa Larks!
      Ron Smith
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

If Richard Quinn (Studebaker Wheel) is on the forum, he can tell you everything you want to know about it.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

If Richard Quinn (Studebaker Wheel) is on the forum, he can tell you everything you want to know about it.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I know where one of these cars are. I will see if I can snap a photo of it and post it. It is not in this good of condition but its not bad.
            Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
            City of York Fire Department
            York, SC 29745
            1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

Comment

I know where one of these cars are. I will see if I can snap a photo of it and post it. It is not in this good of condition but its not bad.
              Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
              City of York Fire Department
              York, SC 29745
              1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

Comment

Hi
                Interesting Car!!!!!!
                It is either a '31 Model 90 or a '32 Model 91 President. I don't know the subtle differences to say which.
                The State Tourer for seven passengers was offered in 1931, but interesting that body is not the standard Studebaker one. I would like to know who the coachbuilder is.
                I defer to the experts for the real details, Mr Quinn?
                Steve

Comment

Hi
                  Interesting Car!!!!!!
                  It is either a '31 Model 90 or a '32 Model 91 President. I don't know the subtle differences to say which.
                  The State Tourer for seven passengers was offered in 1931, but interesting that body is not the standard Studebaker one. I would like to know who the coachbuilder is.
                  I defer to the experts for the real details, Mr Quinn?
                  Steve

Comment

Man! THAT'S Classy!

'31s had the oval headlites and no emblem bar between them. '30s had round headlites and DID have a chrome bar between the lights with an "S" emblem in the middle of said bar.

Not an expert am I about prewar Studes, I just referred to James Moloney's fine book, Studebaker Cars.

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Man! THAT'S Classy!

'31s had the oval headlites and no emblem bar between them. '30s had round headlites and DID have a chrome bar between the lights with an "S" emblem in the middle of said bar.

Not an expert am I about prewar Studes, I just referred to James Moloney's fine book, Studebaker Cars.

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I received this answer from Richard Quinn:

Leonard;

This is a 1932 President with a custom touring body by a European builder. Though Studebaker built a President convertible sedan in 1932 (with roll up windows) they did not build a open touring body like this. This particular car belongs to Karl Mielva who is the owner of a luxury hotel in Norway and who has a number of desirable cars of the 1920's and 30's. His other Studebaker is a 1925 Big six touring car. I have a side view of the car which shows more of thr body. Let me know if interested and I can email you a copy.

Cordially,
                        Richard Quinn
                        editor: Antique Studebaker Review
                        20026 Wolf Rd.
                        Mokena, Il 60448

Comment

I received this answer from Richard Quinn:

Leonard;

This is a 1932 President with a custom touring body by a European builder. Though Studebaker built a President convertible sedan in 1932 (with roll up windows) they did not build a open touring body like this. This particular car belongs to Karl Mielva who is the owner of a luxury hotel in Norway and who has a number of desirable cars of the 1920's and 30's. His other Studebaker is a 1925 Big six touring car. I have a side view of the car which shows more of thr body. Let me know if interested and I can email you a copy.

Cordially,
                          Richard Quinn
                          editor: Antique Studebaker Review
                          20026 Wolf Rd.
                          Mokena, Il 60448

Comment

Thanks for that info, Leonard. I assumed it was a custom body, but didn't know if it had been done state-side or in Europe. Most of the classics of that era were custom-bodied

steve blake

Comment

Thanks for that info, Leonard. I assumed it was a custom body, but didn't know if it had been done state-side or in Europe. Most of the classics of that era were custom-bodied

steve blake

Comment

Working...
                              X