early week visit to Lancaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early week visit to Lancaster

Have a chance to attend the Lancaster event this year but it would have to be Monday or Tuesday. Is there a lot of activity going on this early or should I just pass on the event? It would be a 5 hour drive from Pit. I am really interested in the swap meet for a couple small parts I still need.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Go. Your five hr drive will be well rewareded. Swap meet will be in full swing. I won't arrive 'til Monday night, (not that I'm anything special) but I'm sure many others will be there

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    (Under Construction 442 hrs.)
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Comment

There will be many, but not all there. The Board Meeting is on Monday. It is open to all SDC members.

Post the couple of small parts that you need on this Forum and see if you can either get the parts or get a line on them before Lancaster.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Monday will include Swap Meet, Board Meeting and Welcome Night. Tuesday is Swap Meet, Studebaker Co-operator seminar (10:00-NOON), Band practice and General Membership Meeting. I would suspect more members, more stuff and more cars on Tuesday.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

You even can still get rooms at the host hotel for early in the week .

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
          "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1950 2R5
          1960 Champ
          1964 Daytona HT
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Ken,

Many have told you about some of the events but have forgotten the MOST IMPORTANT ONE. We will be rededicating the Studebaker Monument on the John Clement Studebaker Homestead Monday afternoon and it is an IMPORTANT EVENT. Come to theevent on the way to Lancaster. There will be parking for cats on the old Homestead grounds and along the road (Studebaker Lane). Ceremony is slated to start at 2:30 and will be completed by 4:00.

I know you will be coming via the Turnpike so it is on your way. IMHO it is a not to miss event especially if you have not been to the site before. E-mail off line and I'll give you directions from the RT 15 Interchange with the Turnpike. It is a short 30 minute 30 mile drive.

Please come on over for Monday and Tuesday as this is going to be an event that like Gettysbur in 1980 will be talked about for a long time in the future.

See you in the future as I write about our past
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

Many have told you about some of the events but have forgotten the MOST IMPORTANT ONE. We will be rededicating the Studebaker Monument on the John Clement Studebaker Homestead Monday afternoon and it is an IMPORTANT EVENT. Come to theevent on the way to Lancaster. There will be parking for cats on the old Homestead grounds and along the road (Studebaker Lane). Ceremony is slated to start at 2:30 and will be completed by 4:00.

But, I like dogs, not cats <G>. - I couldn't resist. I know, the r and t are right next to each other on the keyboard and this is an easy/simple mistake to make.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

OOOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSS!!!!!!
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment