Why do they do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do they do it?

Why do you suppose the guy selling this car, wanting mucho money, would put in ONE SMALL DARK picture and start the bidding at $12,5? Inexperience? Doesn't really want to sell it?

It looks like a beautiful car and his descriptions makes you want to at least SEE it.

I just can't figure it out!

John

Appears to be a nice car. It MAY be worth the price, but I would want to see more pictures and description. He should start the bidding lower, especially since he has a reserve.
    A 1956 Sky Hawk is my second favorite Studebaker (second to 1953 Commander Starliner) and one of few postwar Studebakers that I would like to own that I haven't owned, yet. I could live with the disc brakes and maybe the modern audio, if done nicely, but I have a problem with the spot lights.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The seller may have replaced the picture, because what's there looks nice. I love the white/silver color combination. Agreed, another 6-10 photos would help the bidding if the rest of the car is that nice. Yes, lose the spots.

Andy
      62 GT
      Andy
      62 GT

Comment

The seller has added more pictures. Appears to be a beautiful car and modernized just enough to drive nice. I would also lose the spot lights. I couldn't see any handles in the pictures so the spots may be dummies.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
        "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Pretty nice car, from what I can see. I would not be surprised if it belonged to a SDC member, though prolly one who hasn't visited this board for our "advice & consent" very much(a little humor there). Reason I say this is the firewall-mounted brake assy, & the jacked-up carburetor with the little dinky air cleaner. It may've been a car they bought waaaaaaay back in 2000 that was already pretty slick, and the present owner reworked it to suit their tastes, and after awhile has decided to move on. That said, I wouldn't mind having that car at all, but I'm already happily married to my present S-P product. Your results may vary.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by torker

Reason I say this is the firewall-mounted brake assy, & the jacked-up carburetor with the little dinky air cleaner.
            That booster makes me wonder what kind of disc brakes the car has, and what else may have been done to the car... [?] [?] [?]

(besides the spotlights!!! [:0] [B)] [xx(])

StudeDave '57 [8D]
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

That looks to be a pretty nice car! I like the color combo.

Those Sky Hawks are pretty rare. We've only got two. [)]

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
              X