Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want a copy of the 1555808 blueprint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want a copy of the 1555808 blueprint?

Since I have the blueprint, does anyone want a copy to make their own or even remanufacture for the Studebaker world at large?

Since I wanted the blueprint, it cost me $52.00 for the archive's efforts and mailing, money I think well spent.

If you want a physical copy, it costs me $2.50 to copy it at kinkos, I bought a mailing tube at Office max for another $2.50 but I may be able to find a cheaper tube. I do not know what the postage will be but once I get offline I am going to our main PO here in Lincoln to mail a copy to forum member Alan in California.

I am going to investigate if I can scan a copy or copies onto my USB drive so I can email the blueprint to anyone who wants a copy that way too.

I figure if someone is inclined, they might be able to modify the drawings to accept a more modern shifter. Studebaker used a three speed unit that shares many parts with the four speed unit that no one seems to like (or so I gather)

Well, if anyone is interested in a copy of the 1555808 blueprint, contact me via forum or directly by email

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
    The Replacements.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

Well, can you tell us what the part is? Most of us don't memorize part numbers. Thanks.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Sorry, I deal with numbers and well.... the conceit of the absent minded

The 1555808 is a shifter bracker from the 1962 model year to put a floor shift into Lark Taxies. From the note on the brueprint it is intended for T-86 and T-90 transmissions. So if one desires to install a floor shift on their V8 three speed Larks or six cylinder Taxies, this is the part you need, if any existed. See page 215 of your Lark parts book, upper half.

Oh, it cost me $1.85 to mail out a copy this morning but the USPS sells a tube for $2.19.

Is a copy worth around $6.50 to anyone?

Jeff T

The Replacements.
      The Replacements.

Comment

A very generous offer, Jeff! One thought- could there be a copyright or intellectual property issue involved? You may not be able to legally make and sell copies of an item you purchased.

I'm in no way detracting from your offer, just trying to keep you out of hot water.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

Well lets see...I guess the Studebaker Corp. COULD tell their people to sue Jeff's people!

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well lets see...I guess the Studebaker Corp. COULD tell their people to sue Jeff's people!

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My thought was if the SNM were actual owners of the material, therefore might own a copyright on it.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

<snip> One thought- could there be a copyright or intellectual property issue involved? You may not be able to legally make and sell copies of an item you purchased. <snip>
                OH NO, don't even go there!!![:0][:0][:0]

If that were the case, it most certainly would affect many of the great articles in TURNING WHEELS, books and other publications!!! Where did you think much of the Studebaker Corporation information used in them came from????

If the Studebaker Brothers could post to this Forum in their native language, maybe they'd say: "schlafende hunde weckt man nicht."

[""][^]

Comment

Goodness,

The copyright issue did not occur to me and I'm an ex journalism practitioner and current reference/catolog librarian To top it off I spent an hour last Tuesday in a seminar on copyright and creative commons copyright licensing. I should have known better

Now I have to look up everything on "fair use" which is just as confusing as copyright.

As an intellectual exercise, who owns the intellectual rights to Studebaker designs? Did they pass into the public domain?, are they owned by the current holder of the Studebaker name?, did they pass to whomever recieved the Studebaker archives back in 1963/64?

Then again, with the Sonny Bono copyright/Mick Mouse preservation act of a few years ago, there rights holder could have recieved an extra 75 years to their copyright.

Yep, I should not have gone there

So much for good intentions.

And to think this all started because I wanted to put a floor shift on an overdrive.

Jeff T.

The Replacements.
                  The Replacements.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by A1956GoldenHawk

If that were the case, it most certainly would affect many of the great articles in TURNING WHEELS, books and other publications!!!
                    I'm not talking about quoting info in an article- I'm referring to Jeff's selling copies of a blueprint he was sold a copy of by the current owner. It came to mind because of the current issue of people getting sued for buying music on-line and sharing it for free, or a small fee. Some have had to pay fines for that. I thought these archived items may be owned, so the same principle might apply.

A number of years back I took an oval-track suspension course that came with a workbook. My crew chief wanted his own copy to study, so I went to Staples to get it copied. They told me they couldn't do it because I wasn't the author/designer, so I didn't have a legal right to copy it.

Probably not an issue; just didn't want to see one of our members get blind-sided by a lawsuit or the like.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50
                      [br
                      I'm not talking about quoting info in an article - <snip>
                      Nor am I.

I am referring to the many photographic and other images that have accompanied so many Studebaker publications over the years, including our fine TURNING WHEELS!!! Where do you think most of them originally came from???

Well, so much for sleeping dogs![)]

Comment

Here's one for the lawyers out there:

What is the difference between selling for profit, selling at a loss, requesting rembursement for expenses and giving.

Again them sleeping dogs

"Moriarty, again with those negative waves" (what movie is that from

Jeff T.

The Replacements.
                        The Replacements.

Comment

I got that one... Its from Clint Eastwood's World War 2 movie "Kellys Heroes". Its actually a quote from Oddball, (Donald Sutherland) the hippie Sherman tank commander, to Moriarty, (Gavin MacLeod, also from Love Boat fame), who is Oddballs mechanic, when Moriarty was giving Oddball grief over chances of success of the mission to rescue the gold bullion from the Italian bank far behind enemy lines which was protected by 3 German Tiger Tanks.
                          Sorry, was that too much information??? I love that movie.

sals54
                          sals54

Comment

I suppose the Studebaker content is found in the fact that Studebaker manufactured the engines of the B-17 Bombers which were also used in the Theater of Operations at the time. ? ? ? ? Close enough?

sals54
                            sals54

Comment

Working...
                            X