Hawk in the local newspaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk in the local newspaper

Here is an article our local newspaper "The Western News" did on my wife and her attachment to our 1961 Hawk. They wanted a special interest story for our local car show this past weekend and the club wanted it done on the Hawk! It was a hit at the show, lots of older gentlemen remembering their Studebakers. About a half dozen guys came up and said that the first car they ever went over 100 MPH in was a Hawk. Also had a couple of offers on the car to which I replied that I didn't think they could afford to buy it.
    http://www.thewesternnews.com/articl...ews/news01.txt Our show is very unique, the Friday night cruise is up and down the main street in town where the participants are allowed to hot rod their cars in a very controlled manner, they are allowed to "smokem if they gottem" or just cruise. We generally have around 4,000 spectators watching the cruise which goes on for 3 and a half hours. We had 300 cars show up for the show on Saturday (only 4 Studes) and probably 8,000 to 10,000 people viewing the cars. It was awsome.

Wayen K.
    Libby, MT
    61 Hawk (On the road, FINALLY)

That really sounds like a lot of fun. The "smoke em if you got em" part appeals to me but is only done at the drag strip around here. Less likely to happen a lot of other places since the drag racer that did a burnout during a parade careened into the crowd some months ago and killed 6 people.

Frank van Doorn
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Rod
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Nice, nostalgic story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Andy
      62 GT
      Andy
      62 GT

Comment

It's articles like this that make me smile and make collecting Studebaker very worthwhile. Thanks for sharing it.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

It's articles like this that make me smile and make collecting Studebaker very worthwhile. Thanks for sharing it.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
          X