48 Champion in the trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 Champion in the trader

NEW info: the studebaker will be for sale in the auto magazine The Trader. The new price is $4500.

I currently own a 1948 Studebaker Champion 4-door sedan that I bought 3 years ago. Back then, it was barely driveable and had no brakes whatsoever. During those 3 years, my dad and I have restored it almost all the way. The brakes have been replaced a few times, so now the front brakes work flawlessly. The back brakes are being worked on still. The emergency brake cable was replaced and works great now. All of the lights in the car still worked, including turn signals and headlights and tailights. We replaced the carbeurator and battery, and the engine works great. It'll drive great and runs pretty quiet. It has some minor rust on 2 doors, but thats it. Inside is great. The heater doesn't work, and we haven't been able to locate another core.

I'd like to sell it for about 4500. Its located in Indianapolis, IN. <edit> price is negotiable. I need to sell it soon before I go off to college. I had originally wanted 5150, but I am going less.

thank you! I have more photos but i didn't know how many I was allowed. Here are some more photos.

If anyone was wondering, I need to sell it for college money and for a car that does better on gas mileage. Plus, I just don't like stick shifts. I can drive it, but I grew up with automatic and its annoying.

If anyone is interested or know of anyone that might want this they can reply or ask a question.

Comment

If anyone is interested or know of anyone that might want this they can reply or ask a question.

Comment

Hello!

That looks like a decent car. Your price is towards the high side for a four door, but not outrageous. In that range to have a chance you'll need to post more, clearer pictures, and a good description. Focus on rust, including the trunk floor and underneath, and some shots of the interior.

eBay is usually a good indicator of the market; but I don't think you'd get that much bid on there. Depends on how much you want/need to get rid of it.

Good luck!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

thanks I edited it!

Comment

A lot depends on how badly you need to sell it. As you have seen by the lack of a buyer, your price might be too high for the current market. If you watch eBay, comparables are selling between $2-3000. Sad, but that's the problem with 4 doors.

Your best option is to do what you're doing- trying other venues. You may come across that just right buyer who will pay. Any house in any condition will sell if the price gets low enough; same applies with old cars. It may come down to my first sentence- how much you want/need to get it gone.

Good luck!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

thanks again! I do need it sold soon so i can get college money- and another car. but i am trying for a higher price because of the 3 years of hard work my dad and i put into it.

Comment

I hear you on that. It looks like a good old car, and I'd be proud to have it in my garage[^] Sadly, the market is what it is. Hope you find a buyer willing to pay what you want.

Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

alright. periodically i will lower the price just because college is coming up sooner, so i will try and post it on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                  X