Need help finding trim for '62 Hawk GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding trim for '62 Hawk GT

Hello, my name is Ronny Odom. Yes I am a newbee,I realy need some help finding trim pieces for a 1962 Hawk GT. My fenderwell stainless is trashed, and both rear quarter panel top trim rails are bad as well. Also one of my pices of stainless that transition the two front and rear rails is bad too. The trunk panel is also beyond repair. I understand this piece will be the hardest to find. I have had some luck in finding mechanical parts, and all of the rubber for the car.mechanical;(Kanter) rubber; (Champ specialties)
    Thank you
    RonnyO

Welcome to the group as this is a great resource for you. I have the pieces that you need however they are off of a 63 GT Hawk. They are essentially the same so if you are interested contact me outside of the group here and we can go from there.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I don't know what you bought from Kanter, but I'll bet you paid more than if you'd bought the same thing from one of our Studebaker vendors!

Welcome to our group! I think I have a couple of door stainless pieces for a GT. Keep an eye on ebay for that trunk overlay. Either that or see if you can make it to next month's meet in Lancaster PA.

While it wouldn't be stock, I've always thought a home-made overlay of aluminum one up with the Engine-Turned pattern would look cool back there! Maybe with a black edging to it and chromed STUDEBAKER letters across the middle![]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I don't know what you bought from Kanter, but I'll bet you paid more than if you'd bought the same thing from one of our Studebaker vendors!

Welcome to our group! I think I have a couple of door stainless pieces for a GT. Keep an eye on ebay for that trunk overlay. Either that or see if you can make it to next month's meet in Lancaster PA.

While it wouldn't be stock, I've always thought a home-made overlay of aluminum one up with the Engine-Turned pattern would look cool back there! Maybe with a black edging to it and chromed STUDEBAKER letters across the middle![]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Used stainless is common as dirt and can be found at most any Studebaker flea market at the International meet, York or Reedsville Pa.

JDP/Maryland
          "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
          Thomas Jefferson
          JDP Maryland

Comment

Used stainless is common as dirt and can be found at most any Studebaker flea market at the International meet, York or Reedsville Pa.

JDP/Maryland
            "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
            Thomas Jefferson
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Based on your search and the vendors that you have used, I am going to guess that you are not a member of the Studebaker Drivers Club. You can join from this web site for $19.95 for the first year. From the monthly publication you will save your membership fee by finding what you need.

I see you are in Texas. By strange coincidence, I sold my last wheel opening mouldings to a guy in Texas. I have one of the long rear quarter pieces, but it is too difficult/expensive to ship.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Good morning, I just wanted to thank all of you for responding to my questions. I especially thought that some of your suggestions were top notch. like Mr. Biggs rear decklid overlay. If I am unable to locate one then I most likely will fabricate something along those lines. Also to Studedude, No I have never resided in Ok. I have always lived in the lone star state. Avantidon please contact me on those parts you have, I e-mailed you my info.
                Thank you.
                RonnyO.

Comment

Good morning, I just wanted to thank all of you for responding to my questions. I especially thought that some of your suggestions were top notch. like Mr. Biggs rear decklid overlay. If I am unable to locate one then I most likely will fabricate something along those lines. Also to Studedude, No I have never resided in Ok. I have always lived in the lone star state. Avantidon please contact me on those parts you have, I e-mailed you my info.
                  Thank you.
                  RonnyO.

Comment

Working...
                  X