A pair of Studes in Helena, MT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pair of Studes in Helena, MT.

I made a road trip to Helena last weekend to deliver a Champion engine to a friend there. He has a big salvage yard, and quite a lot of older iron, (and some very nice street rods in his shop). Three Studebakers reside there, a '49 Champion Starlight coupe (which I brought an engine for), a '57 Provincial wagon (is that a Commander series?), and a '60 Hawk (C3 trim level). I believe the Hawk and the Provincial are both for sale, but I'm not absolutely certain. Neither are badly rusted but they do have a little rust showing. Way better than typical rust-belt, cars though. The Provincial is really weathered, but seems fairly complete. The Hawk seems to be missing a hood. Here's some pictures:

If anyone here is interested in either car,let me know, and I'll put you in touch with the owner.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

How rare is that Ranchero sitting next to the Hawk?

Comment

How rare is that Ranchero sitting next to the Hawk?

Comment

You know, I never even paid it any attention. Focussed, I am. I could ask about it.

Comment

Well, you can trust you've activated at least several set of saliva glands, gordo! That roof rack on that Provincial would be a real prize!
          Does this guy sell parts? There's a couple on that wagon I'd like to own.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hi Gord! Yes that is a (Commander) 259 V-8 Wagon, there were no Champion 4dr's).

The roof rack looks good and is somewhat hard to find, also the if the right rear door moulding below the window casting as in the L/H pic is good, Biggs needs it.

I hope the owner will part it out because it would not be economically feasible to restore it, (buy it complete) as I am sure you know.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hi Gord! Yes that is a (Commander) 259 V-8 Wagon, there were no Champion 4dr's).

The roof rack looks good and is somewhat hard to find, also the if the right rear door moulding below the window casting as in the L/H pic is good, Biggs needs it.

I hope the owner will part it out because it would not be economically feasible to restore it, (buy it complete) as I am sure you know.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I love the hood ornament on the '57s

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I love the hood ornament on the '57s

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I will check with the owner in a few days. I just got an urgent call from work; they need someone to go to Norman Wells for a few days to relieve another guy who got sent out for medical reasons. They expect to be done in 4 days, so I should be back later next week.

Bummer, I have to miss the picnic at Peter Bunn's place with the Studebaker and Packard clubs.

Comment

I aggree with StudRich, nice rack!

Bill Foy,Ontario SDC
                      1964 Wagonaire Slider
                      Bill Foy
                      1000 Islands, Ontario
                      1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Bill Foy,Ontario SDC
                        1964 Wagonaire Slider
                        Bill Foy
                        1000 Islands, Ontario
                        1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Captain Billy

Bill Foy,Ontario SDC
                          1964 Wagonaire Slider
                          Billy, were you looking for the aluminum strip for the tailgate on a Wagonaire? I was in the barn yesterday, and spotted one lurking in the rafters. I don't think I need it. If you are interested, I'll pull it down and take a picture of it once I'm home.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Captain Billy

Bill Foy,Ontario SDC
                            1964 Wagonaire Slider
                            Billy, were you looking for the aluminum strip for the tailgate on a Wagonaire? I was in the barn yesterday, and spotted one lurking in the rafters. I don't think I need it. If you are interested, I'll pull it down and take a picture of it once I'm home.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gordr
                              I just got an urgent call from work; they need someone to go to Norman Wells for a few days to relieve another guy who got sent out for medical reasons. They expect to be done in 4 days, so I should be back later next week.

Travel Safe Gord!

<h5>Mark
                              '57 Transtar Deluxe
                              Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                              May 23 & 24, 2009?
                              </h5>
                              Mark Hayden
                              '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
                              X