Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Rural Router???

Maybe not - just a reversed photo.[B)]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

I think he got a negative backwards... the exterior shots appear to show the wheel on the left...? Plus, if it is RHD, you'd definitely expect that would be the first thing mentioned...

A definite mystery!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

Correction- it IS a backwards negative; just noticed the pedals in the interior picture...

How dumb is that?!?[)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

Stephen Cade had a '63 Rural Router, that was maybe 5 years ago. No idea where it is now.

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Hey Guys; Reversed negative. No right hand drive Larks were built in 1960 for domestic sale.

Frank Drumheller
          Louisa, VA
          60S-W6
          1948 M16-52 Boyer fire truck

Comment

The "necker-knob" made me wonder--definitely handy while delivering mail. Then I looked at the gas pedal. You would be driving "wrong-footed."
            Growing up, our letter carrier drove a Rambler station wagon, LHD, but sat on the right, and used a necker-knob to ease the steering effort and reach.

KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Our mail carrier still does, drives a Ford Taurus, him on the right, controls on the left.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
              Tom Bredehoft
              '53 Commander Coupe
              '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
              (Under Construction 415 hrs.)
              '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
              All Indiana built cars

Comment

Me too. Grand Caravan AWD with normal controls. My mail tray sits on the driver's seat and I sit all the way to the right, and drive with my left hand and left foot. Not very hard to do.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I remember a 1963 Rural Router wagon here locally. It had a heavy duty 289 and a water cooled automatic, among other things.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Around here everyone has a RHD Subaru or an old-style Jeep Cherokee. I've even seen a Saturn wagon w/RHD.

Jeep makes the parts for Europe, and Subaru...well it better come in RHD!

Here's a question for our Indiana friends, do they export Subarus from the US to Japan or Australia?

I wonder how hard it would be to get a Chrysler minivan w/RHD?
                    Like the Jeep, they make them in Europe for the UK market.

Would it be as easy as shipping a few dashboards over for installation on the assembly line for rural mail carriers?

63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                    63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Well youse guys better hury up an by it, cause Jose needs to sale it, it comes with know breaks! [:0]

StudeRich
                      Studebakers Northwest
                      Ferndale, WA
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                      X