Rear Speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Speaker

I believe that I have mentioned this before, but I am looking for a rear deck speaker and stock speaker cover for my 1961 Lark. Is there anywhere where I can get these, or am I going to have to settle for finding it on ebay someday?

Also I have the fade switch setup, but I noticed that there is only one wire that goes to where the rear speaker goes. Was there a connector on it at one time? Or is there only one wire that goes to the speaker? Most speakers I have seen at least have 2 wires comming from them.

I welcome any suggestions

Thank you

1947 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Speaker Grilles are at SASCO, (moulding & mesh)

Some speakers are grounded to the frame through a clip touching one mounting screw, so only have a + wire.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I thinks it a 5x7 speaker with only one wire to one terminal, the other is grounded on one of the grill screws.

JDP/Maryland
      "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
      Thomas Jefferson
      JDP Maryland

Comment

It's also possible to get a 'dual cone' speaker that can be used for stereo. Left and right channels go to different cones within the same speaker. A good option to avoid cutting into the package shelf to put in two rear speakers. Instead, srereo from the original single speaker location.

John Esmonde
        Holland Landing, Ontario
        Canada
        '62 Hawk
        '30 Chev Coach
        sigpicJohn Esmonde
        Holland Landing, Ontario
        Canada
        \'62 Hawk
        \'60 Lark Regal Convertible
        \'30 Chev Coach

Comment

With the speaker, how fancy a speaker? [)]
          I had to replace the front speaker in my Lark when I first got it so on a whim I measured the speaker and I went to Radio Shack and picked one up that originally was meant for a Pinto.

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left]
          [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
          [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
          1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

These are great options IF you have a modern Stereo that uses the 4-8 OHM speakers.

This '61 Lark has the original rear speaker control, so it must have the original Radio that requires a 10 AMP Speaker, using anything else will damage the power supply.

quote:Originally posted by johnesmonde

It's also possible to get a 'dual cone' speaker that can be used for stereo. Left and right channels go to different cones within the same speaker. A good option to avoid cutting into the package shelf to put in two rear speakers. Instead, srereo from the original single speaker location.
            StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This past winter I worked as a temp at my old job in Torrance & asked the radio vendor what the difference was & would it harm from using a 8 ohm speaker vs the 10 ohm that was equipped originally. He said it wouldnt do any harm, just not be quite as loud as with the 10 ohm. The reason I asked him is my am/fm doesnt have the sound quality as the straight am Delco radios. The am/fm was repaired by a noted Studebaker radio repair & I overheard him say while at the La Palma meet that the am/fm's arent very good, borderline junk I believe is what he said.

60 Lark convertible
              61 Champ
              62 Daytona convertible
              63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2)
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Warren Webb

The am/fm was repaired by a noted Studebaker radio repair & I overheard him say while at the La Palma meet that the am/fm's arent very good, borderline junk I believe is what he said.
                UGH... and the Avanti units are selling for $500-$1000

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 61LaRk4dr

I believe that I have mentioned this before, but I am looking for a rear deck speaker and stock speaker cover for my 1961 Lark. Is there anywhere where I can get these, or am I going to have to settle for finding it on ebay someday?
                  Is this rear speaker a ROUND one or the OVAL one? I have an extra ROUND housing and mesh...

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
                  Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
                  Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

Working...
                  X