Found a lead on 63 daytona 4spd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a lead on 63 daytona 4spd.

When I was at my bodymans shop today, his helper was fascinated with my trucks cab, and obviously never knew Studebaker made a truck. He just kept going on about wanting to see what it looked like complete. Anyhow he then went on to tell me of a guy down the road (the same road I take to work EVERY DAY!) that has a 63 lark Daytona 289 4spd. I've driven past this house every day, for the last 10 years, and never knew it was there. It's only 2 miles from my house. Story goes, he bought it for $400.00 from an old man in NC who parked it when it quit running. The new owner brought it home and put a distributer in it and in ran fine. I'm now going to have to go take a look see to get all the details, and pics.

I'll post more soon.

John
    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

LALALALALALALA

(That's me plugging my ears and singing, trying not to hear you!)

Keep me posted[]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

Hey Bams, you were the first person I was gonna call if its for sale. No, I think we are both in the same boat as far as aquiring any more Studes for now. But if it is for sale i will pass it along here, as someone may be interested.

John
      John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

LALALALALALALA

(That's me plugging my ears and singing, trying not to hear you!)

Keep me posted[]

Robert (Bob) Andrews
        A new tactic to obtain a better price on the deal (feigned disinterest). [}]

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
        May 23 & 24, 2009?
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

I think I have seen that car on one of my trips on Rt. 322 to Meadville. Let us know what color it is..[8D]

Comment

Its funny how these cars come out of the woodwork sometimes. I remember a similar story a few years ago, when a guy sold a 63 Lark near me only to find out that it was a 63 Lark 2 door HT with an R2 4 speed. I don't know where it ended up.

sals54
            sals54

Comment

A couple of months ago I learned of a 52 Stude Starlight about 10 miles from me for $200 bucks. I wrote down the contact info, but never pursued it.
              Last week I casually mentioned it to another Stude guy here and he started salivating and begging me to let him go after it. I told him I would, but I'd have to dig thru the papers on my desk to find the info.
              Sunday he came by here to get a part for one of his Studes and I offered that I had yet to really dig for the info so he could go after the car.
              Heh - he said: "That's OK Bob. After you left the other day, I came to my senses. The last thing I need is another Studebaker settin' around here!"[8]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 289stude

Hey Bams, you were the first person I was gonna call if its for sale. No, I think we are both in the same boat as far as aquiring any more Studes for now. But if it is for sale i will pass it along here, as someone may be interested.

John
                I can't say I wouldn't be interested..............

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

Working...
                X