• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Daytona's door fell off

Oops. [:I]

Gotta love a coastal Florida car; parts are so easy to remove! [xx(]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Appears to me that the door is not the major problem to be addressed.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23 & 24, 2009?
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Looks like a car with power (fin) drum brakes. I know that Matthew knows what to save off that hulk.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

Looks like a car with power (fin) drum brakes. I know that Matthew knows what to save off that hulk.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Yep, power brakes that were went through the day before it was wrecked. The driver's side stuff is beyond use though. Even the sway bar is broke loose, and I've never seen a more twisted A-arm. [V]

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Good news, Matthew! You get to put off the drama of trying to get those *%@#% hinge screws loose a little longer

The cowl on my Skytop that I cut the roof off of is every bit as bad as that... same with the floors, and the frame rails[xx(]

Interesting to note the power windows; I see the inner panel was cut and tacked back in. Any idea what brand of window mechanism that is?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Interesting to note the power windows; I see the inner panel was cut and tacked back in. Any idea what brand of window mechanism that is?
            Not a clue. It did work pretty well before I yanked all the wiring loose. The driver's side mechanism got blew apart when it was hit, however.

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Looks like that car has iiisssssues........

Comment

Here's that A arm that's all mangled up. Would make a nice Hard Luck Award at the next meet we host.

And here's what an 8 year old can do with a hammer. [:0]

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Don't let the 8 year old wack that RR finned brake drum.

Comment

I am sorry, but I don't like the idea of anyone hitting a car with a hammer. It seems like poor training. Also, items like that right rear quarter look like they would have been usable.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I wondered about that too... I would have warmed the 8 year old's behind for that![}]

There does appear to be a sizable rust hole in the lower front are of the panel.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

I recently did 2 window regulator jobs.One was a 96 Mercury Marquis,the other was a 2002 Pontiac Gr Prix. Both were the cable type regulators that looked just like the one shown here.

Oglesby,Il.
                        "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
                        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

I wondered about that too... I would have warmed the 8 year old's behind for that![}]

There does appear to be a sizable rust hole in the lower front are of the panel.

I think that Matthew stated that he instructed the youngster to hit the car with a hammer.

I saw the rust hole, but I am sure that you and I have both fixed worse. With a bolt on quarter that may not be available in the near future, I would have saved it. Someone may have an accident where that quarter is wiped out.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Now hit the 8 year old with the hammer.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                            http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Here's that A arm that's all mangled up. Would make a nice Hard Luck Award at the next meet we host.

And here's what an 8 year old can do with a hammer. [:0]
                              That's just payback! you should have seen what Matthew and his sister did to a Buick with a hammer a few years ago. Seriously, that panel was shot. or I would not have allowed it. NT

Matthew Burnette
                              Hazlehurst, GA

Neil Thornton
                              Hazlehurst, GA
                              '57 Silver Hawk
                              '56 Sky Hawk
                              '51 2R16 dump truck
                              Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                              X