53 Studebaker in Philadelphia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Studebaker in Philadelphia

My son was watching the Steeler vs Eagles football game on Friday night. He tells me their is a player on the Eagle name Studebaker. His number in 53. I wonder what kind of car he drives. Maybe someone could convince him to make a appearance in Lancaster.

Actually, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Andy yet on this forum. This kid is getting huge sports press, and most think his career will be stellar.

Chris Pile
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

He's been mentioned quite a bit. An example is the link in the post above yours.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Andy is a thread unto himself Chris. I have been postinf results from the Eagles Camp on a regular basis including an update today. Check it out. He's a good slid prospect for the Eagles and liked by the entire Coaching staff. Hecan play several positions but they want him as an LB which is completely new to him. Has held his own but is shown on the depth chart as a #3 LB. His best shot is as a Special Teams member where he has the speed and size to play as well. He played almost three full quarters on Friday night and his #53 was visable all over the TV screen. Updates will continue on his progress. We have also asked him to come to Lancaster in September depending on his schedule and all. He is aln all round great guy.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Looks like Andy Studebaker is heading to Kansas City.....
          Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

[navy][b]Looks like Andy Studebaker is heading to Kansas City.....
            Jeff[8D]
            WHOO HOOOO, WE NEED THE HELP [B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][xx(]

Photo op? ca chow ca chow[8D]

ChopStu
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

For those who are interested here is the news link on Andy's pickup by the Chiefs.

<center></center>Chiefs claim Studebaker from Eagles' practice squad

Linebacker Andy Studebaker, an Eagles' sixth-round pick, has been claimed off the practice squad by the Kansas City Chiefs.

Studebaker, from Division III Wheaton College in Illinois, missed the second half of his senior year with a Lisfranc injury and then vaulted back into the minds of NFL scouts with a series of YouTube videos posted by his agent before the draft.

Studebaker had worked out for the Chiefs before the NFL draft and will be on their 53-man roster for Sunday's game against Buffalo.

The Eagles are likely to make a move today to fill the vacancy on their practice squad. *

Andy is a defensive end who the Eagles have also attempted to use as Linebacker. He is extremely strong for his size and faster than most however is not big enough to be used a a defensive end. If you go to TOUTUBE and search for him there are some very good video clips on him. He was considered by the Eagles as a future player with more seasoning. He has a strong work ethic and will do a great job in KC if given the opportunity to play. I'll be watching for him. All round great guy from Southern ILL.

sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
              X