THE PURIST IS GOING TO HATE ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE PURIST IS GOING TO HATE ME

I'm going to leave the fins off of the 56 wagon. My wife saw a 55 wagon and she really likes the back fenders. And I think I do to. So a little leading and weld up a few holes and it's done. It is not going to be a show car just a driver. The people going down the highway won't know the difference.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

I always wanted to take a 53-54 wagon and put 57-61 Hawk fins on it and Hawk front sheetmetal. ......A Hawk wagon ! [8D]

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC
    1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC

Comment

I always wanted to take a 53-54 wagon and put 57-61 Hawk fins on it and Hawk front sheetmetal. ......A Hawk wagon ! [8D]

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Ken Byrd
      Lewisville,NC
      1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
      Lewisville,NC

Comment

I would just about bet that somebody's uncle had one just like it. That would have been a good thought but I already have new front fenders for it.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
        As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

Mild detail changes will get folks to look twice and with Studebaker's reuse of certain body panels, mild customs are easy. I remember reading about some fellow who found a 58 hardtop on the scrap heap, installed a 53/54 sedan nose and used 56/57 rear fender to make something interesting.

I grafted a 64 Challenger rear panel to my 62 hardtop because of looks and I had the parts available. When I get around to it I will weld up a 62 grille panel with two headlights, not four but for the time being I may get my hole saw out and make a Lark version of Thunderbolt induction through where the inboard headlights once resided.

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
          The Replacements.
          \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
          The Replacements.

Comment

Mild detail changes will get folks to look twice and with Studebaker's reuse of certain body panels, mild customs are easy. I remember reading about some fellow who found a 58 hardtop on the scrap heap, installed a 53/54 sedan nose and used 56/57 rear fender to make something interesting.

I grafted a 64 Challenger rear panel to my 62 hardtop because of looks and I had the parts available. When I get around to it I will weld up a 62 grille panel with two headlights, not four but for the time being I may get my hole saw out and make a Lark version of Thunderbolt induction through where the inboard headlights once resided.

Jeff T.

The Replacements.
            The Replacements.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Jeff T.

I remember reading about some fellow who found a 58 hardtop on the scrap heap, installed a 53/54 sedan nose and used 56/57 rear fender to make something interesting.
              53/54 front clip won't fit on a 58 without extensive work. Only the second series 55 and newer will interchange.

Comment

That's why I stick to 61-66 Larks, I know what will fit

Jeff T.

The Replacements.
                The Replacements.

Comment

quote: I always wanted to take a 53-54 wagon and put 57-61 Hawk fins on it and Hawk front sheetmetal. ......A Hawk wagon !
                  Would that be a Haggin?

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote: I always wanted to take a 53-54 wagon and put 57-61 Hawk fins on it and Hawk front sheetmetal. ......A Hawk wagon !
                    Would that be a Haggin?

Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Haggin? What's suet served in a sheep's stomach have to do with......oh that's haggis [)]

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left][img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                      [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                      1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

So, tell us...
                        Who would you rather impress?
                        The purist?.....or the wife?
                        (A question for the ages[|)]...)
                        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by ST2DE5

I'm going to leave the fins off of the 56 wagon. My wife saw a 55 wagon and she really likes the back fenders. And I think I do to. So a little leading and weld up a few holes and it's done. It is not going to be a show car just a driver. The people going down the highway won't know the difference.
                        http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

The WIFE. No doubt.

sals54
                          sals54

Comment

The WIFE. No doubt.

sals54
                            sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

So, tell us...
                              Who would you rather impress?
                              The purist?.....or the wife?

Not an issue for me. My better half is always impressed and in awe of me and anything I do!

{You believe me, right??)

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

Working...
                              X