Wagonaire parts cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagonaire parts cheap

Sunday I saw a wagonaire along with a two door 60 Lark in the junkyard a few blocks north of PCH on Blinn in Wilmington. You have to pay a coupla bucks extra to access the wagonaire; it's in the higher dollar section.

Higher dollar section? You gotta be kidding!
    I've been in that Pic-your-Part yard many times but not for about 5 years. Do they actually put most cars in the $1.00 lot, and others in the $2.00 lot? [:0]

What about the prices of the parts, does that change also? [?]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'd be willing to pay someone to get me the stainless steel window mouldings off that Wagonaire (if it's a Daytona that is)!

Scott Rodgers
      Los Angeles
      SDC Member since 1989
      '60 Lark HT
      '63 Wagonaire
      Scott Rodgers
      Los Angeles
      SDC Member since 1989
      \'60 Lark HT
      \'63 Wagonaire
      \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Warren, could that be my ex '63 Lark Regal Yellow/Gold V-8 Auto. (engineless) Wagonaire? Or is it still languishing in your backyard or long ago crushed? It certainly IS in the right area! [:0]

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Nope, its not your old one. Its still sitting comfortably in the yard. But, a few years ago Pick Your Part put in a separate yard ajoining the west side of the existing yard for newer & higher priced vehicles (parts) & relocated "Memory Lane" there too from Sun Valley. I havent been there in some time, but i should be able to check it out the end of this week when I plan to go out that way.

60 Lark convertible
          61 Champ
          62 Daytona convertible
          63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2)
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

well, Scott, sad to say, two bucks only gets you into the cheap lot whereas it'll cost ya a total of four bucks to get into the "wagonaire" section.

Comment

I'm willing to pay that $4.

Scott Rodgers
              Los Angeles
              SDC Member since 1989
              '60 Lark HT
              '63 Wagonaire
              Scott Rodgers
              Los Angeles
              SDC Member since 1989
              \'60 Lark HT
              \'63 Wagonaire
              \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Where is this place located? I know there's a Wilmington in DE... I'd be willing to make a trip there for Wagonaire stuff.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

Sorry Bob, it is in Southern Calif. near Long Beach/Carson/Torrance!

A clue should have been that I HAVE been there! Lol!

As you all know from all my ramblings, I have never, ever been in the Northeast!

You can go back to watching the Sun RISE out of the Ocean now!

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Where is this place located?
                  StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Of course! I probably would have read that had I looked it up in Murphy's book of laws[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

D'oh! I thought the Wilmington was in Delaware too (I guess I didn't see the reference to PCH clearly enough). I'm going on Friday!

Scott Rodgers
                      Los Angeles
                      SDC Member since 1989
                      '60 Lark HT
                      '63 Wagonaire
                      Scott Rodgers
                      Los Angeles
                      SDC Member since 1989
                      \'60 Lark HT
                      \'63 Wagonaire
                      \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

quote:Originally posted by scott.rodgers

D'oh! I thought the Wilmington was in Delaware too (I guess I didn't see the reference to PCH clearly enough).
                        I did see PCH, but don't know what it stands for... guess the "D'oh!" is on me! Or is that "Duh"?

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Hey Bams
                          PCH is for Pacific Coast Highway. In my neck of the woods its Highway 1. When I lived down there in the rat race of the 80's. I would hit the three pick a parts that I knew of for something to do on weekends. They were Wilmington, Monrovia, and Ontario. It was about 150 mile round trip. Found a lot of good Stude parts cheap.[]

Gordon

Comment

Thanks for the explanation... Now I'll at least know that much for future reference

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

laughinglark writes: "When I lived down there in the rat race of the 80's. I would hit the three pick a parts that I knew of for something to do on weekends."

AHA!!! so YOU were my "competition"!!!

I know EXACTLY where that Wilmington and other yards are! I used to hit them with clockwork regularity. So much so that the manager at the Wilmington yard would see me and go out of his way to tell me that they'd just hauled in some Studes and what day he anticipated them being set out for picking. (They'd hold freshly gotten cars for a week or so before setting them out where customers could scavenge parts.)
                              Between the PAP and Ecology wrecking yard chains, I'd regularly hit about a dozen on a rotating basis. Every Saturday, I was off at 7:30 until mid-afternoon. Man I made some good money saving and selling parts off of Studes and Rammers! The good ol' days![^]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe
                              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X