Peg Auto Trnsport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peg Auto Trnsport

A while back Bams50 used PEG Auto Transport to deliver a vehicle. Bob, if you still have (or someone else) the number I'd be interested in getting a quote from them. Input from others would be appreciated.
    I'd like to tow the Stoogebaker myself, but I think the price difference is negligable. thanks

1963 Champ

I've used them twice and will use them to ship a dictator that I just sold .......

Lee or Peg Palaszeski
    2525 Randolph Rd.
    Janesville WI 53545
    Order Phone (608)756-0033
    Fax Number (775)659-2837
    e-mail address pegtruckinginc@charter.net
    John
    Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

Comment

No problems with Peg, Kevin. I could have gotten a cheaper price. But coming from WA, I went with a known quantity.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

I have have used them several times. Very good service and communication.
        Allen French

Comment

Studebaker hauling has become a big part of Peg's business, she even mentions it on her home page. It started with a few dozen moves for me, then spread by word of mouth:

"We have worked for many years with the Studebaker Collectors Group (i.e. JOHN POULOS) providing many safe deliveries and we offer a Studebaker owners discount."

JDP/Maryland
          "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
          Thomas Jefferson
          JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks for answering everyone. I did eventually find them on the web and just got a quote by email of $1100. That's from Crowley,LA to Ava, NY. I can't touch the price renting a truck, trailer and doing it myself.
            I also got one other quote fromCosmos Auto Trans. of $990. But like you said Bob, "known quantity."

1963 Champ

Comment

You could call peg back and see if she'll price match. If she has room, she may sharpen her pencil if you are not in a hurry.

JDP/Maryland
              "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
              Thomas Jefferson
              JDP Maryland

Comment

I put over $600 in the tank, plus 24hrs drive time. $1100 from the deep South to NY sounds like a bargain.

Jim

_________1966 Avanti II RQA 0088______________Rabid Snail Racing
                Jim
                Often in error, never in doubt
                http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

I wonder if that's who I saw hauling a faded yellow, long bed, R series Stude through Columbia MO just 5 day's ago.

Chop Stu
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

I have used PEG's company several times.

If you are near an interstate it will probably go faster on the pick up order.

I've sold cars which were picked up within 48 hours.

I waited for an ebay purchased Stude for about 10 days or longer because the seller was not near an interstate. Haulers make their money on cars near the interstates.

She could probably post your car for a cheaper rate, but you could wait longer...maybe 30 days or more for some hauler who is just filling up a load. Cash talks.

BRAD

Comment

Working...
                    X