What is this part called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this part called?

I need the rubber piece that covers the hole in the firewall where the gas pedal linkage goes through. Can someone please tell me what that part is called and who sells them? I also need the little screen on the driver's side air vent that opens up to let air in on your legs. Is that called an air vent screen? Thanks in advance for the help............Dave[8D]

1950 Champion 2 Dr. Sedan

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

It's called an accelerator push-rod SLEEVE, almost all the vendors have them...
    I have the screen should you want ... (I think I have a bright-zinc plated one too, done just for giggles???)

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
    Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

Dave,
      With a car that nice, you would think you wouldn't need anything. That's never the case. If you plan on hanging on to it for a while, which I expect you do, you may want to get a copy of the Chassis and Body Parts Catalogs; available from many Stude Vendors. They are also available on one CD-ROM that includes the Shop Manual. Then, you can request your parts not only by name but by part number; very handy.

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for the info. I already bought a shop manual which I should be getting in the next couple of days. Is there a list of people or companies that sell Studebaker parts? If so where can I find it?

1950 Champion 2 Dr. Sedan

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Here's the link from the SDC Home page (which you can find at the top of this Forum page).

In addition, you'll find a lot more once you start receiving your TURNING WHEELS magazine.

Brad Johnson
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I've personally dealt with Studebaker Int'l and SASCO. Both are very helpful and have extensive inventories. Nice car!
            Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
            X