seats...M5 SAME AS M15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seats...M5 SAME AS M15?

I am working on a 46 M5. I need a seat for it.A guy has a 41 M15 seat. The cabs are the same yes? so are the seat frames the same as well? thanks mike r. mich

All M series cabs are the same with the following exceptions:
    • The 1945 C-9 cabs retained the US 6 military components (metal door panels, steel glove box, swing out windshield and top mounted wipers
    • The M-16 and M-17 models had a firewall "hump" that protruded into the cab to accommodate the longer Commander engine

Surprisingly, my parts catalog does not show a seat being listed. [:0] (There is a picture of one in the cab body view on Page 253 but no corresponding part number shown). Since the cabs are the same any seat from a M5,15, 15A, 16 or 17 should work.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

If this doesn't work out I have a M5 seat if your interested. This is pull out from a rod conversion. Here are some photos:

I'm in Vermont and could bring to the National in PA in September. Email me off group; dpson1954@comcast.net.

Dan Peterson
      Montpelier, VT
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)
      1961 Lark Crusier
      1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible
      Dan Peterson
      Montpelier, VT
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Working...