I think its a 48 land Cruiser how much is it wort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think its a 48 land Cruiser how much is it wort

Can you guys tell me more than 1947 to 49 Commander or Land Cruiser. Tail lights are horizontal with two bars saw bars on the side vents.
    Thanks Anne

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

I could tell you more if I could see a little more, but it looks like there are no rear vent windows in the back doors. That would mean that it isn't a Land Cruiser.

Comment

I can't see the rear windows in these pictures, because there is a piece of equipment in the way. Maybe I am missing something. I think the tail light were all the same from 47-49. I think the rear bumper guards changed from 47 to 48.

The front fender ornaments were standard on the 49 Commander but were an accessory on the 47 and 48.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

As you knew, it is definitely the large car (Buick class) Commander model not lightweight Champion, it would have either the 226 C.I. or the 245 C.I. Commander big "6" depending on year, and in my experience this engine is 5 times longer lasting, strong and dependable as the light "6" and way more powerful!

It is a top of the line Commander or Land Cruiser though because of the rear window surround mouldings.

As has been said all '47 to '49 Commanders have the "barred" horizontal taillights, you need to check out the rear doors. [^]

Looks good from what we can see, Anne! [^]

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Alrighty I couldn't see any more than what is in the pictures so I'll have to wait until Tuesday to find out more. Thank you for your help. I will try and find it a new home with caretakers that want it back on the road. If at all possible we will see. Oh this is 7 blocks from me who knew.

Mabel 1949 Champion
          1957 Silverhawk
          1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          1955 President State
          Fresno,Ca
          Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
          Fresno,Ca

Comment

Anne, Do you have any idea of the fate of the two Commanders that set, fenced in, in front of what used to be an old car parts place just north of Fresno? There was a Commander starlight of this vintage that was 99% complete and was purported to have a running engine. Then there was a same vintage Land Cruiser parts car that was to go with the Starlight if it sold. Seems like the asking price was $2K or less for the pair.

Edit: When I say "just north", it could be that these were in Madera. It's been several years since I looked in on them.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

We checked in on them a couple of years ago they were at Whitakers he went out of business. They were still there then. I can't say what happened to them. Next time I'm up that way I'll check again.

Mabel 1949 Champion
              1957 Silverhawk
              1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              1955 President State
              Fresno,Ca
              Mabel 1949 Champion
              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
              Fresno,Ca

Comment

Floor vent doors on the '47-'49 Land Cruiser and maybe the Commander have 3 elongated diamond chrome pieces. The '49 models had bolder looking new bumpers that extended around the f & r fenders.

Comment

Anne, if you're trying to stay on public property for those pics maybe you just need to carry a good step ladder down there to get a better shot for us! Maybe one of the California Edison guys is working out front and can take your camera up with him. Do we have to wait for Tuesday? [?]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Anne, if you're trying to stay on public property for those pics maybe you just need to carry a good step ladder down there to get a better shot for us!
                    Looks like that City of Fresno super can would work if David or Bobby could boost her up.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

The trash can was in the fenced in yard next door I stuck the camera through the fence and zoomed in best I could. Two big ol mean Doberman's came to the fence they wanted to eat me. So I got the heck out of Dodge.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                      1957 Silverhawk
                      1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                      Gus 1958 Transtar
                      1955 President State
                      Fresno,Ca
                      Mabel 1949 Champion
                      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                      Gus 1958 Transtar
                      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                      Fresno,Ca

Comment

Ok I went by there again today stood on the pegs of the Motorcycle it has a vent windows on the rear so its a Land Crusier. Called all the numbers that I could find on the building so far no luck all bad numbers. Just thought that I would update you.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                        1957 Silverhawk
                        1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                        Gus 1958 Transtar
                        1955 President State
                        Fresno,Ca
                        Mabel 1949 Champion
                        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                        Gus 1958 Transtar
                        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                        Fresno,Ca

Comment

OK, but where've you been?? We don't hear much from you lately....

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

Well lets see lost another Family member about a week ago. So now thats 5 in less than 2 years kinda depressing.I do have a story that I'm working on that I will be posting in the next few days. Monday got a chance to run away for a day to the Coast so thats what I did. Thank you for asking.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                            1957 Silverhawk
                            1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                            Gus 1958 Transtar
                            1955 President State
                            Fresno,Ca
                            Mabel 1949 Champion
                            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                            Gus 1958 Transtar
                            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                            Fresno,Ca

Comment

Condolences, Anne. Trips to the coast and a seat in the sand for introspection are always good ideas. Always good to hear from you when you have the time.

Don't get dog bites..looks like that Studie is safe until you get a decent picture. Try water department, or local tax department records for the property owner's contact numbers. May get lucky.

Comment

Working...
                              X