X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x

x

quote:Originally posted by A1956GoldenHawk

About 3 hours later, on the opposite side of South Bend, there was another one for sale in front of the Chrysler dealer in LaPorte.

Does any Forum member own either of them? Or ...if anyone would like contact info for either Red Beauty, email me through this Forum.
    The one at the Chrysler dealer used to be mine. I still have a few moments of regret selling her. She was called 'Ruby'. I sold her a few months ago. If anyone is seriously intrested in it, email me off forum and I can tell you everything good and bad I know about her.

Here's what she looked like right before I had to sell her.

Comment

Funny you should have that title on this thread... I'm currently doing a 62 2dr. HT with r2/5spd. I have no interest in authenticity on this one, just trying to build it the way I want it. The car's a bare shell currently.

I LOVE these cars in red, and thought that's what mine would be... but it does seem like there's SO many of them red that I've cooled a little on it for mine[|)] Problem is, I can't even come close to deciding to what color I DO want[}] I look at every picture of any Lark I can find, and constantly look at paint chips and colors on any car, and nothing really stands out...

The car is a clean slate; I can do any color interior as well. Turns out that's both good AND bad! My goal is to look at every Lark at Lancaster and hopefully one there will help me decide.

In the meantime, I'm open to color suggestions... don't make me do red!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

And- I'd love to hear details and see pictures of the cars you saw, but not being a possible buyer I won't ask you... however if you post the info, I promise I'll look![8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

The Lark on old 20 belongs to Jake Gore, retired Matco tool sales man. It is an R2 with a heavy duty column shift auto. Jim

Comment

lets see if this works. colors of your lark test one

Comment

Wow, cool effect! I wish I knew how to do that!

It would be cool to take a bigger picture and apply actual colors available from paint chips...

Probably possible, but way beyond my current computer ability[:I] Maybe someday.....

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Here's an original 1963 Studebaker Paint Fandeck. The colors are the same for 1962. Personally, I like the silver-mist with red/black Daytona interior. You don't see that color much...

Here's a 1962 Hawk Painted Silver Mist

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
                Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
                Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

Thanks, Ray. I will say Silver is one of the colors I'm thinking about. I'm leaning toward non-metallic colors- easier to apply, and repair... but nothing's ruled out

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Bob its easy enough to do. If I can anyone can. I right click on the photo and save as. then I went to my photobucket site and download the lark follow instructions on crop to remove excess background and reside down to small then as far as the color you just adjust hue saturation contrast etc. till you get something you like. if you just want toplay and dont plan to download here you can leave it large. there are tons of effects you can do like frost or fog the edges of your lil playmate miss december lark.

My 1955 Commander

AKA Burnie

Comment

Bob,
                      To tell you the truth, I love the red Daytona. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't worry about what other folks have. If red hits your hot button, so be it.
                      I hope I didn't confuse the issue.
                      Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

here is my burnie with coral color adjust blur edges and vortex swirls because she is sooo fast

My 1955 Commander

AKA Burnie

Comment

I lean toward red but if you don't care if it is year correct 64 Strato Blue is hard to beat.
                          Denny L

Comment

My 1963 Skytop Daytona hardtop was/is red. I like this color the best on them. Maybe a lot of people had this preference and that is why you see so many. Bob, your car will be different in other ways. Do not shy away from red.

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I appreciate the comments and opinions on my car; sorry I hijacked the thread[:I]

I don't worry about commonality, or whether others like my choice or not- and therein lies the problem! I'm trying to do this car just how I'D like it... it's easy to do whatever color I want at this stage, but to change it after it's done would be [xx(][V] So it's the freedom to do it however I want that's both good AND bad!

I've set my goal to have it decided by the time Lancaster's done. Mostly I just have to stop overthinking it[B)]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X